By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii games suck the most. PS3 on top...

kingofwale said:
>Actually the top 3 selling Wii 3rd party games are Mario & Sonic, Guitar Hero 3, then RE4.

If you count Mario and Sonic a 3rd party game. with First party characters and Nintendo's supervising.

I missed GH3, my fault, I guess that makes me a troll for not reading the list correctly.

Conceptualized, developed, and published by a 3rd party. Hmm, yeah, I'd count that as a 3rd party game. 

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

Well I own the following Wii games right now -

RE4 -3rd party
RE:UC - 3rd party
Mario Strikers
Mario Galaxy
Guilty Gear XX - 3rd party
Sonic rings... - 3rd party
Zelda

I had MoH2 but traded it...which was 3rd party

So thats 3(or 4 in you count MoH), third party games, 3 non third party that have gotten my money. So 3rd party will sell...it jsut has to be good.

People obviously have different tastes, and party games are a big seller on the wii...but other than the games I bought plus a game here game there(Metroid anyone), I can't think of many more must own titles for the console.

Maybe Wii's problem is not too many bad games but too few good ones...

Oh well ..Wii will go into history with the lowest avarage gamescore ever...

I am suprised PS2 did so well (avarage).

7 almost 8 years compared to 1 year and couple of months, yea I say that's a vary fair comparison

1. Developers not knowing what to do with the Wii.

2. Reviewers not knowing how to review Wii games. Mainly reviewing stuff based on its appeal to the reviewers regardless of the intended audience, or automatically taking off points for lacking HD etc.

3. Developers noticing to their great horror that they had virtually no projects coming out for the best selling console, due to not taking it seriously when the games getting released now started production. What resulted was a flood of crappy titles put together in two weeks.

They're all becoming less of an issue all the time, but it'll take a while before you can see it in the statistics.

Around the Network
Shade said:
7 almost 8 years compared to 1 year and couple of months, yea I say that's a vary fair comparison

I don't think time should matter. Who says Ninjabread man 2 and 3 in a few years will be any better...

Parokki said:
1. Developers not knowing what to do with the Wii.

2. Reviewers not knowing how to review Wii games. Mainly reviewing stuff based on its appeal to the reviewers regardless of the intended audience, or automatically taking off points for lacking HD etc.

3. Developers noticing to their great horror that they had virtually no projects coming out for the best selling console, due to not taking it seriously when the games getting released now started production. What resulted was a flood of crappy titles put together in two weeks.

They're all becoming less of an issue all the time, but it'll take a while before you can see it in the statistics.

Good points...I'm sure only last week did some cigar smoking executive at Konami say..."whats this wii motion controller my kids are raving about".

Oh well, another person claiming "moral victory" writes an article to criticise the Wii. I'm sure most critics would be forced to go quiet once the Wii gets a majority (not just a plurality) of consoles sold this gen.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

kingofwale said:
>Actually the top 3 selling Wii 3rd party games are Mario & Sonic, Guitar Hero 3, then RE4.

If you count Mario and Sonic a 3rd party game. with First party characters and Nintendo's supervising.

I missed GH3, my fault, I guess that makes me a troll for not reading the list correctly.

Still not a Nintendo fan, I see.

There have been 3 or 4 topics on this subject already. Did you jump on the bandwagon in those topics as well, or just here?

Anyway, using "gamerankings review scores" and comparing them between consoles is, inherantly, cherrypicking at its finest. We already knew there was a lot of shovelware on the Wii, it wouldn't matter if there were an equal amount of 10.0's, the shovelware would still drag it down.

As for the "top 10 games for each system" I wonder how nintendo would fair if it were the "top 5 games for each system" might look a little different.

So, it would be pretty easy to fish out any "facts" I wanted with concensus numbers, and indeed there is plenty to cherrypick about the inadequacies of all the consoles, because lets face it, beating up on the 360 and the PS3 is like stabbing small children at a picnic. It's easy, but people hate you for it. Apparently, though, beating up on Nintendo is equated to throwing stones at an iron statue of Stalin.

Stop the hate. I can cherrypick also. The Wii has the highest rated game of this generation. The Wii has the most exclusive games in its top 10. The Wii is far cheaper, with a more diverse top 10. The cost of the top 10 games for the Wii is way cheaper than the cost of the top 10 games for other systems. The Wii probably has the highest top 5, ect ect ect.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I'm going to take a shot in the freakin dark here on the 10th topic about this... but here it goes...

Head Developers (HD): New generation is about to start. Who should we support? Nintendo Wii, Microsoft Xbox 360, or... THE SONY PLAYSTATION 3 WITH THE CELL?

Others (O): Oh most definitely the Cell. The Cell wins. Ownz. You name it, it does it. And if it doesn't do it, you probably shouldn't be doing it. Then Microsoft because they also have HD, and that's where it's at.

HD: Exactly! So... what should we do about the Wii? I heard it's suppose to have motion controls or something like that. Sounds like a fad waiting to happen.

O: Oh we'll release a whole boat load of ports and other crap that probably won't sell well but will make money that we'll use to finance PS3/360 development.

HD: Sounds good! Nintendo console owners don't buy games anyway, and there won't be enough of them for it to matter. Now let's get to work... first off, Carnival Games for Wii, Heavenly Sword for PS3. Budgets: CG $5.00 (estimate), HS:$25 million (estimate). Get to work.

1 year later 

HD: Hol-wii Miis. Carnival Games has sold 1.2 million (to retailer), and HS has only 1 million (to retailer). HOW CAN THIS BE. If a good game on the PS3 can't sell a million, yet a BAD (read: opinion) can sell a million, how would a good game sell... <looks at Wii seller list> Mii Good Wii! Switch priorities NOW! And give those Wii game budgets at least $10, we're quaduple are investment!

I'd say that's one reason. Others include:

Bad reviewers.

Hatred of the Wii.

I was gonna go on, but I got tired of arguing this topic in 4 different threads.