By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Shipments?

At my store there was a raffle just to win a chance to buy one.

Around the Network
bigjon said:
mysticwolf said:
Netyaroze said:
How is the situation in the USA right now. Is it possible to go into a store and buy a PS4 ?

I really really doubt it, unless you get really lucky. 

That was the point of this thread. I wanted to see if anyone has seen a 1st resupply

No, Sony and MS are holding all resupplies for Thanksgiving Day Doorbusters. Which is still in X1's 1st week sales

Captain_Tom said:
think-man said:
Pretty much sold out everywhere, Sales are gunna drop like a rock. Sony better be careful people don't make the switch.

This is a real concern, but who would seriously buy the product they didnt want because they couldnt wait?

Ps4 and xbox are more similar then most people want to believe, all it takes is one friend to buy it then your mind may be changed into buyng a different platform....Yes kinda like that south park episode lol

Captain_Tom said:
think-man said:
Pretty much sold out everywhere, Sales are gunna drop like a rock. Sony better be careful people don't make the switch.

This is a real concern, but who would seriously buy the product they didnt want because they couldnt wait?

A friend of mine who just bought a 2500€ TV but just found out he won't probably get a PS4 by just walking into the store on release day cause he never expected the demand of the people for a Sony console.
And if i can't somehow get him a console through connections he will just buy a Xbox One on the 29th cause he acts like a little child.
I already said to him his TV is completely useless for a Xbox One but he won't listen.

Doesn't matter what Sony can ship it won't be enough.
Here are stores with over 300 PreOrders who only get a little bit over 100 Units for the 29th.
BUT some stores got a surprise call 2 days ago,even small ones where they got 15-20 units for "walk in" promised.So maybe every store here will get that treatment so people won't be that sad.
Friend of my family from another little store(Müller) called us and said at the end of the week after release they will get a few more PS4 Consoles for people who didn't PreOrder.

I think if Sony really promised (enough) units for December/Holydays they will be available....but you have to be fast to get them.

My friend got a ps4 today in Florida from best buy.
He went there like 8 am and there was another guy on line a best buy worker said they had no ps4 .
But they styled anyways they had 6 consoles in stock

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Around the Network

I had not anticipated these sort of supply problems. I wonder what the chances are of it being sold out until after Xmas in Europe? I really don't want to wait that long. I might have to try pick one up at launch.

Definitely a first world problem right there.

Dallinor said:
I had not anticipated these sort of supply problems. I wonder what the chances are of it being sold out until after Xmas in Europe? I really don't want to wait that long. I might have to try pick one up at launch.

Definitely a first world problem right there.

I don't want to wait that longer myself but at least we get to live in the world where they are doing so well it's hard to get one vs a world they are doing poorly.  I would agree with most people that just because they sold out doesn't mean anything but both MS and Sony shipped a massive amount of units in comparison to previous gen. 

So yeah waiting in an overly successfuly market isn't so bad. It sucks personally but in the grand sceme of it all it really isn.... screw it let's go smash faces on Black Friday.  Waiting is for chumps. 

I went to my local Best Buy today, I live in Fredericksburg, VA. I talked to an employee about the PS4 and Xbox One shortages and he told me that they actually received 15 PS4s today and they sold out in 30 minutes, he also said that they can't sell non preorder Xbox Ones until a week after release which just happens to be Black Friday. The same rule applied to the PS4 although they didn't get a shipment until today. He says they don't have any PS4s for Black Friday. Walmart apparently has some set aside.