By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The History of Polygon - The Worst Gaming Journalists Around

wilco said:
Somini said:
wilco said:
Somini said:
wilco said:
Holy crap. Sony fanboys are still butthurt over the 7.5 they gave The Last of Us??? Christ.... let it go guys, its not that big a deal.

Who are you calling a fanboy?

Anyone who feels the need to go on a crusade against a gaming site over a silly 7.5 review score.

They didn't give it a 3/10. They gave it a 7.5!!!!! Get over it folks.

Is that the only thing you have seen in those whole article? Talk about selective awareness!

Thats what started this whole kerfluffle. Nobody was rallying against polygon this hard until the TLOU review. If there was bias prior to that it wasn't a major issue until TLOU. Had polygon fallen in line and given it a 10 along with everyone else we probably wouldn't be discussing this now.

I'm so sick and tired of the paranoia of sony fanboys. Everybody is either bias or paid off. Its getting ridiculous.

You know what I am sick and tired? Comments about how terrible Sony fans are. As if Ninty fans didn't do the same 9/10 reviews of Mario Galaxy 2 or 7.5/10 of The Zelda game which had motion controls (similar cases with MS I'm sure). But no, let's attack Sony fans. Attacking Sony fans has nothing to do with the article. Either comment on the article and the validity of the points it raises or take your hatred somewhere else.

Around the Network
Somini said:
wilco said:
Somini said:
wilco said:
Somini said:
wilco said:
Holy crap. Sony fanboys are still butthurt over the 7.5 they gave The Last of Us??? Christ.... let it go guys, its not that big a deal.

Anyone who feels the need to go on a crusade against a gaming site over a silly 7.5 review score.

Is that the only thing you have seen in those whole article? Talk about selective awareness!

Thats what started this whole kerfluffle. Nobody was rallying against polygon this hard until the TLOU review. If there was bias prior to that it wasn't a major issue until TLOU. Had polygon fallen in line and given it a 10 along with everyone else we probably wouldn't be discussing this now.

I'm so sick and tired of the paranoia of sony fanboys. Everybody is either bias or paid off. Its getting ridiculous.

Is it impossible for you to make a point without constantly calling everyone a Sony fanboy? I find it ironice that you're talking about paranoia, since you seem to see 'the enemy' everywhere!

Polygon has been called out on it's bias ever since they accepted the 700000 dollar funding from Microsoft. The Last of Us review just got more attention because of how painfully obvious it was.

Speaking of selective awareness, why is it the only thing you see polygon doing is being bias towards MS. You conveniently leave out the examples where they are criticizing MS (xbox one reveal) or where MS games are getting poor review scores. You ignore the occasions where they have praised sony or given good scores to sony games.

And what is so painfully obvious about a 7.5 review score? How is that obvious bias? Do you not see how that smells of paranoia? Your complaining about a GOOD review score.

It's not about TLOU, its the fact that they have consistently scored SONY games lower. Not only that, but they often just flat out lie about the PlayStation (Like with which one actually can use remotes).

naruball said:
wilco said:
Somini said:
wilco said:
Somini said:
wilco said:

You know what I am sick and tired? Comments about how terrible Sony fans are. As if Ninty fans didn't do the same 9/10 reviews of Mario Galaxy 2 or 7.5/10 of The Zelda game which had motion controls (similar cases with MS I'm sure). But no, let's attack Sony fans. Attacking Sony fans has nothing to do with the article. Either comment on the article and the validity of the points it raises or take your hatred somewhere else.

Alright I'll comment on the article. Its pointless, it proves nothing and its kinda pathetic TBH.

pbroy said:
I have my pitchfork ready. Who's leading us to the witch hunting? Nobody talks bad about Sony or blocks their fans on twitter and gets away with it!

Lets go. I'm bringing the baseball bat.

Around the Network
wilco said:

Speaking of selective awareness, why is it the only thing you see polygon doing is being bias towards MS. You conveniently leave out the examples where they are criticizing MS (xbox one reveal) or where MS games are getting poor review scores. You ignore the occasions where they have praised sony or given good scores to sony games.

And what is so painfully obvious about a 7.5 review score? How is that obvious bias? Do you not see how that smells of paranoia? Your complaining about a GOOD review score.

Because it is plain obvious that they are. And why shouldn't they be? If it secures them another funding from Microsoft.

What were you expecting? If they flat out give every Xbox game amazing scores and every PS game a lousy score, then their bias would be too obvious to ignore for even the biggest diehards. Instead they are trying to appear as neutral journalists, which is why they're not fangirling everything Xbox. Their criticism of the Xbox One, for example, is very mild.

so there a bit biased against sony. Mkay,so what!!!!!!!! Not going to stop me from enjoying the playstation brand. Reading all of these comments about some random gaming site being biased is pretty funny though.

Latest reviews MS games -
Ryse - 6
Lococycle - 4
Forza 5 - 9
Dead Rising 3 - 7.5
Zoo Tycoon - 8

Sony Games -
Tearaway - 9.5
Knack - 6
Killzone 4 - 5
Ratchet - 8.5

I really don't see where the problem lies, Killzone overall got "average" reviews and this one happened to be lower. We have the ALBW review from Destructoid who gave it a 6.5, are they biased?
There's always going to be a few low scores from every single review site. I see everyone complaining about IGN, but people still visit the site. This problem is just imaginary.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

I like how the only thing MS fanboys saw in the whole article is TLOU rating
I mean how about them saying that Xbox One supports remote controls and the PS4 doesn't ?
and blocking the guy who said otherwise and call him creepy ? even though he was right .
I mean come on MS fanboys , this site is biased and you know that .

Somini said:
wilco said:

Because it is plain obvious that they are. And why shouldn't they be? If it secures them another funding from Microsoft.

What were you expecting? If they flat out give every Xbox game amazing scores and every PS game a lousy score, then their bias would be too obvious to ignore for even the biggest diehards. Instead they are trying to appear as neutral journalists, which is why they're not fangirling everything Xbox. Their criticism of the Xbox One, for example, is very mild.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. Either way your going to find some way to spin whatever they do into bias.

So you think microsoft is willing to spend millions just so they can get half-assed, weak kneed bias on a website whose market impact is not even that far reaching? Take the tin-foil hat off for a second and use some logic.