By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Demos are out. Are you impressed with X1 voice commands responsiveness?

What are the flashing red lights for?

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:
What are you guys talking about? I just re-watched the first 3 minutes of the IGN demo, there were 15 commands, 8 only were successful. It missed fucking 7 commands out of 15.

Most of the commands missed were in Internet Explorer. He kept saying 'Go To <webiste>' or 'Browse to <website>'. Are these even recognized commands for Kinect?

Arcturus said:
LurkerJ said:
What are you guys talking about? I just re-watched the first 3 minutes of the IGN demo, there were 15 commands, 8 only were successful. It missed fucking 7 commands out of 15.

Most of the commands missed were in Internet Explorer. He kept saying 'Go To ' or 'Browse to '. Are these even recognized commands for Kinect?

This isn't the IGN vidoe you are talking about, that's Destructoid. It's in the OP because it's kind of funny. Check the other link above it, I don't know how embedding for IGN vidoes works here.

Arcturus said:
LurkerJ said:

Most of the commands missed were in Internet Explorer. He kept saying 'Go To ' or 'Browse to '. Are these even recognized commands for Kinect?

They may be and may be not. all of these people have a low level of familiarity so I wouldn't call it unresponsive based on these guys.

We have to see the comands, i imagine there are a lot so the xbox one's learning curve is probably a long one.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

LurkerJ said:
Arcturus said:
LurkerJ said:

This isn't the IGN vidoe you are talking about, that's Destructoid. It's in the OP because it's kind of funny. Check the other link above it, I don't know how embedding for IGN vidoes works here.

Didn't realize there are two different videos here. Your OP should be more clear.

Around the Network

Arcturus The other video uses browse to maybe the system only has a view recognized search sites. I think the volume issue will be a problem for some people system struggled a lot to pick up commands with music playing. Having to yell at your system kind of ruins the lure of voice control.

LurkerJ said:
Arcturus said:
LurkerJ said:

One thing I picked up on what the IGN guy struggled with is the comand "xbox, show my stuff"

he instead says "xbox, show me my stuff"

the system evenntually gets it but I would blame the wrong phrase in a lot of the cases with the ign guy. along with his voice not properly getting through for an unknown reason. where his skype buddy has no problem using the same comand he uses.

Too_Talls said:
LurkerJ said:
Arcturus said:
LurkerJ said:

One thing I picked up on what the IGN guy struggled with is the comand "xbox, show my stuff"

the system evenntually gets it but I would blame the wrong phrase in a lot of the cases with the ign guy. along with his voice not properly getting through for an unknown reason. where his skype buddy has no problem using the same comand he uses.

That clears things up. I was kinda shocked at first because the IGN video was the first I watched, the more I see the better my impression gets. I am not sure if the average consumer is going to spend time to learn how to use it. 

It just seems like a novelty. I'd rather quickly navigate through the UI with a controller or mouse.

LurkerJ said:
Too_Talls said:
LurkerJ said:
Arcturus said:
LurkerJ said:

That clears things up. I was kinda shocked at first because the IGN video was the first I watched, the more I see the better my impression gets. I am not sure if the average consumer is going to spend time to learn how to use it. 

Yeah, but the fetures are what justifys the extra hundred bucks, I ignored voice comand gadgets in the past but I will try hard to get the value out of this.

But I can see a lot of people saying screw this over a short time with it and just resort to using the controller for everything. So a kinnect free console is almost certain in the future.