By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should Sony give up on Killzone?

Should They?

Yes 268 48.20%

No 288 51.80%

Total:556

I guess a lot of games are becoming review proof nowadays. Killzone SF, BF4, Cod Ghosts, Fifa 14 all sold really well despite poor reviews...Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider on the other hand were critically acclaimed but they flopped.

Around the Network
007BondAgent said:
petroleo said:

So they banned someone if they refer to a user calling him "Fanboy", but not someone who is pretty obvious trolling and flamebaiting at the same time  ? mmm ok ? O_o

Flamebaiting and trolling? this is a serious question, have you not seen killzone shadow fall's metacritic?

If you don't like it, then ignore it.

Btw, i did like killzone 2 and 3 to a lesser extent, but shadow fall is a failure, no matter what way you look at it.

One 73 on metacritic and you say they should drop this franchise!@?..who the fuck cares what critics think its still got good user scores and high sales...at the end of the day isn't that what matters?

Goodness, why does a metacritic score influence you so?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

sales2099 said:
iceland said:
I'm guessing some people in this thread haven't played Halo judging by what is said. Don't let your bias get the best of you

It is really hard to appreciate the KZ lore after reading all the Halo novels, comics, short stories, and watching the blurays, and video games :P

None of these things have anything with the games. Whenever a company bothers to milk an IP that much, some fluff will get pushed along with the game. Don't understand why people enjoy it so much. I've read the reach novel and seen Legends, meh.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

The problem is FPS are getting more boring. Its simply no fun anymore. They need to mix up the recepy somehow. make the game more open and just different. I don`t know how but I am so bored with most games nowadays. They NEED to do something different and better.

Around the Network

So basically your saying because they are not number 1, they should just give up completely. Wow that's a great life lesson hey kids don't try to do well in school because you can't get 100's on every test, just flunk all of them and be a failure. In case you didn't get my message, no they shouldn't give up.

i wouldnt mind seeing it go but it needs to be replaced with a M rated game preferably with more modern and relateable environments

Play Me

Killzone is doing fine on it's own. The first one was a flop, and perhaps the two portables, but the second and third were overall a success.

Shadow Fall just debuted over 300k, it should do well long term. It's metacritic score is not relevant (see other titles in it's genre that have sold more with similar scores). If you didn't like it, then that's all it is: you didn't like it.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

I f*cking love killzone! NO! It should take a break though...

Also you compete with Halo by making a "Halo Killer," you compete by making a different game that overshadows it. *Cough* Uncharted *Cough* The Last of Us.

Firstly its great to see you back! :D

Secondly I haven't played SF yet but I would be truly said if Sony stopped making KZ since it is my favorite shooter.