By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Explosivo said:
Nintendo got Solid Snake from Sony (Yes, I know it started on the NES but most of the games have been on Sony consoles) so in Sony Smash maybe Mario could jump on. Would be pretty awesome to see him in 1080p bluray 4-d graphics :)

It started on the MSX actually, damn the number of people who continually claim it started on a ninty system!

and they didnt get it from Sony, Konami 'allowed' snake to be used. 

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L

Around the Network

^Isn't MGS made by a 3rd party? That means it's not from Sony - just typically a Sony exclusive

yeah thats what I was pointing out, that doesnt mean Sony hold any rights to the MGS characters and stories

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L

now that would be typical sony just copying nintendos way of doing thing

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

koopatrooper said:
now that would be typical sony just copying nintendos way of doing thing

who cares if its a good product, I'd buy it.... once i get round to actually getting a PS3 lols.

SIG A.W.O.L

Around the Network

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=16179

is that the same?

Poor PS3 Sales Means Smaller Losses

"Actually, because the number of units sold was not as high as we hoped, the loss was better than our original expectation," Quotes from Sony’s CFO Nobuyuki Oneda.

^yeah - everybody more there!

Actually all the characters from Final Fantasy VII to Final Fantasy XII would be appropriate since Square only develops the main Final Fantasy series for Sony Systems. Also characters from The Bouncer, Kingdom Hearts, Chrono Cross, and vagrant Story would do nicely in Sony's Smash.

Why not just have Square port Final Fantasy: Dissidia over to the PS3. This would allow them to have more characters, stages, and maybe a stage editor. Unlockable costumes would be a welcomed addition.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

Question is, would any other developer be able to make a worthy Smash clone, or would it end up like Mario Kart, where only Nintendo has been able to really do it right?

Capcom would be the right choice(Power Stone came close to capturing the magic in Smash Bros), but given that Sony themselves owns few Smash-style characters, I'd imagine putting together something worthwhile would be a rights nightmare(same reason Jump Superstars never made it out of Japan).

Wow, Wiiforever is really trolling agisnt this game. You make it sound like they;re gonna call it Sony Smash bros. Jesus, this is just for fun, and besides, this could be a pretty cool game. You want cartoons, how about Spyro and Crash? Ratchet and his ridiculous weapons? I dunno, Rayman? Haha, would be fun.