By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - A suggestion on spam

This is just a little suggestion to keep post counts sky rocketing over night, and this thread is not a reaction to anything or anyone :P

I propose that posts in the Off-Topic forum not actually add to members' postcounts.

Discuss.

Around the Network

nah, thats stupid. a simple solution would be to perma ban wiiforever (please god)

Actually thats a really good idea. Some people are just competing for post counts in that section of the forums. If you really want to discuss something fine, but right now its being abused. People that want higher counts run out of VG stuff to talk about so they start other crap and post a million times.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Yeah get rid of wiiforever, look at his 2k thread, read my post on the second page.

lol good idea stop the spamming

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

Around the Network

I wished we could just deemphasize post count altogether, but unfortunately as gamers, most of these guys really like that sort of visual competition.

How about this: if someone spams, the mods will just ban them.

^That might actually be crazy enough to work.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Trying to define spam in the off topic forum is so arguable it's pointless.

@ Riot of the blood

Yeah, that just may work. But it may not work and instead of bannign Wiiforever, Weezy may get banned again. How did Wiiforever not get banned during 'ban week' ?

no, b/c they would just move them to threads that count---they need to have the post count reset every time