By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - wii owners, how much could you get for the price of a ps3?

So, everyone knows a primary sku launch ps3 was $600. Now, I got my wii in janurary of 07. Here's what I got for the price of one ps3 (roughly):

wii + wii sports + nunchuk + wii remote = $250

zelda + sonic and the secret rings + rayman raving rabbids + elebits (all games purchased between january and march 07)= $200

2nd wii remote + 2nd nuchuk + classic controller = $80

then eb had a sale over the summer, trade in any 2 used wii games, get one new wii game free....
so, i did a fire sale and picked up trauma center and paper mario = $0

I picked up a launch copy of mario galaxy but did so at toysrus. the store had a deal where people who bought launch copies of the game would get a $25 gift card = $50

then, around thanksgiving (after only being out 6 weeks), best buy had a week long sale where power pros baseball dropped from $40 to $20 = $20 

zack and wiki dropped from $40 to $30 at toys r us. Using my gift card, i got the game for $5

250 + 200 + 80 + 50 + 20 + 5 = $605 dollars.

Anyone else got a money saving tale to tell 
(note: including wii sports, that's 6 third party games, to 4 first party games)

Around the Network

Where's the BD Player? Memory card readers? No blu-tooth? No free movies? Bummer dude, not to mention you've totally missed out on the beauty of High Definition. Any PS3 purchased up til Januray 30, 2008 came with 5 BD movies a $150 value.

Also I don't think its fair to count a gift card as no cost to you, shoot what if I had a $1000 gift card and got the console, movies, and 10 games, should I post that as a total cost of $0? The traded games, you shouldn't even count those since you had to trade in games that you PAID for.

And sales shouldn't be considered a real bonus because similar sales go on all console platforms.

You sir, fail.

haha, first of all, HD means nothing to me (well, it doesn't mean much to me). A great movie is a great movie no matter how it looks (unless it's like a vhs bootleg or something). i just netflix my shiz. $18 a month for 3 at a time is fine by me.

As for the gift card, it was part of buying a game so of course it factors in, it wasn't like a gift or i just found it.

and the trade ins, that was a great deal. 2 used for 1 new special, are you kinding me!?

im pleased with it all the same.

Username2324 said:
Where's the BD Player? Memory card readers? No blu-tooth? No free movies? Bummer dude, not to mention you've totally missed out on the beauty of High Definition. Any PS3 purchased up til Januray 30, 2008 came with 5 BD movies a $150 value.

Also I don't think its fair to count a gift card as no cost to you, shoot what if I had a $1000 gift card and got the console, movies, and 10 games, should I post that as a total cost of $0? The traded games, you shouldn't even count those since you had to trade in games that you PAID for.

And sales shouldn't be considered a real bonus because similar sales go on all console platforms.

You sir, fail.

The wii has blutooth. And whats the point of buying a game system for all of those other things.

Username2324 said:

You sir, fail.

The BD player and free movies were on the PS3. This is about what he bought instead of a PS3 for the same cost and greater enjoyment for himself. I love how HD graphics are tossed around as this great loss when most people have standard definition TVs. The huge graphical benefit of the PS3 gets crippled when you can only have it play at 480P on your standard television.

If you had read the post rather than just trolling it you would know the gift card comes with a game bought for the Wii and only comes with it. You complain that he talks about all the deals he got on Wii games, but that is part of his point. This isn't about anything more than what he managed to get for his Wii for $600. If you just wanted to troll a flamebait topic then that is fine, but at least do it intelligently.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

@ sc94597 and Gnizmo:

high fives!

yOU COULD get a wii (250) and 3 games of your choice (150)

so really its wii wii sports nunchuck and wii mote and three yes threee games of you choice all for the price of 400 bucks ($ of 40 GB ps3)

i got a $25 gc at TRU for buying SMG too - I then used that to buy SPM

tOYS R us sometimes has those good deals like
buy 3 get 1 free for any game

Damn, I should try to find these kind of deals....too bad I study too hard and don't pay attention to great money-saving deals. Curses!!

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)