By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - CoD: Ghosts a Huge Flop?

Is t true that the campaign is only 4 hours? Maybe more people bought COD for the campaign than Activision realized.

Around the Network
Licence said:
Is t true that the campaign is only 4 hours? Maybe more people bought COD for the campaign than Activision realized.

it took me 6-7 hours, you could finish it in 4 hours tbh

Actually for Black Ops 2's ~USA~ launch week in 2012 it sold 5,416,412 (you had it on global) across both PS3 and Xbox 360, compared to 2,885,434 for CoD Ghosts. Then you add the 870,000 Pre orders currently on the next gen and consider the fact that we've recently had Battlefield 4, GTA 5 and Next gen launching so the consumers money will be tightly spread this year; you will actually find that the interest in Call of Duty is about the same and it will probably sell around the same amount of copies but it will just be spread out over the coming months.

Don't forget the Wii U version at 19k!

In all seriousness, this is a good thing. It will be split on generations now, and probably sell less overall than black ops 2.
Is say 2.7 million first week US is far from a flop though.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

The campaign was pretty good. best villain they ever had, was actually pulling for him.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
Captain_Tom said:
Someone expected it to sell well? It was clearly going to drop off...

It's still selling pretty well. It may be a massive drop off but it still sells alot. 

Well you know what I mean.  I expected it to sell at least 10 million lifetime, but compared to the 30 million before.... Oh and the next one will be another massive drop off...

Captain_Tom said:
Captain_Tom said:

It's still selling pretty well. It may be a massive drop off but it still sells alot. 

Well you know what I mean.  I expected it to sell at least 10 million lifetime, but compared to the 30 million before.... Oh and the next one will be another massive drop off...

The next game will probably still net over 5 million. 

Captain_Tom said:

True, but it would still hurt Activision if it sells below expectations. Their execs have already spent the expected profits on yachts, ranches and the like - a serious drop in profits will impact investment in future cod's and other projects.

mii-gamer said:
Licence said:

it took me 6-7 hours, you could finish it in 4 hours tbh

Thanks! I may consider getting it now. ;)

Thee next cod will be the first next gen built cod, I doubt it will be a drop off.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)