By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 N. American HW sales increase this week

360 gets a 26,000 HW sales increase (40%) while Ps3 gets 8,000 HW sales increase (19%) this week.

I believe however this is not due to DMC4. Remember how PS3 had a 10,000 HW lead over 360 last week when N. Americas numbers were updated? Usually it is 360 with a 10,000 HW lead over the Ps3. I believe 360 was undertracked last week and added to this weeks sales. I believe the numbers are somewhere in the middle for this week and last. Something like 360 undertracked 13,000 last week (which would mean PS3 and 360 were close) and only got a 13,000 unit increase this week (which would mean DMC4 gave 360 around a 17% HW increase)

Does this sound plausible to anyone else?

Or do you think "No Ps3 beat out 360 last week fair and square and DMC gave 40% increase to 360 fair and square"

Around the Network

No, ioi doesn't do that, if he sees something wrong he will change it at the root, not just make up for it.

^data from last weeks sales might not have been collected till this week which may have bled into these numbers

You also have to take into consideration last week Ps3 = 6% increase while 360 = 8% decrease and if you add 13,000 units into the sales last week the increase % would be similar.

I was wondering why 360 sales hit nearly 100k this week.....but what's more important here is that PS3 NA sales have matched EU sales (NA was normally about 20k under EU), and even with the boost, the 360 is only 10k above PS3.

/Waits for Japanese numbers

"I was wondering why 360 sales hit nearly 100k this week....."

I'm not saying this is the reason but I find it more plausible the weeks went more like this

Ps3 - last week 6% increase - this week 19% increase
360 - last week 10% increase - this week 16-17% increase

rather than

360 - last week 8% decrease - this week 40% increase.

Around the Network

..You lost me

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

^Either bad week for 360 last week, and good week for 360 this week or

Decent week last week, decent week this week.

I think 360 sales are higher this week due to DMC4 and Microsoft dealing with the US shortages we have been hearing about.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

^Your telling me MS can't make 60,000 units last week but they can make 100,000 units this week? You're also telling me they can't keep up with demand but Sony can with selling more per week.