By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - One Last Look At Amazon Preorders For PS4 And Xbox One

Both of them looks like they will get off to a great start :D

And i remember when these threads were popping up every hour lol Glad to see it one last time though :)

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:

I thought that since the launch of the PS4 is happening tomorrow, it would be fun to take one last look at Amazon preorders for both the PS4 and Xbox One.  I'll only be using the Amazon sites that I found had a Bestsellers Archive, as that will show us who's in what spot for the whole year, not just the past hour.  If I have just accidently overlooked the Archive of other Amazon sites, let me know and I will add them to the list.

Amazon US

#8 - PS4 Launch Bundle (Sold Out)
#10 - Xbox One Launch Bundle (Sold Out)
#38 - PS4 Standard Bundle (Sold Out)
#57 - PS4 BF4 Bundle (Sold Out)
#60 - Xbox One Standard Bundle (Sold Out)

Amazon UK

#3 - PS4 Standard Bundle (Only SKU Available)
#37 - Xbox One Standard Bundle
#46 - Xbox One Launch Bundle (Sold Out)

Amazon CA

#1 - PS4 Launch Bundle (Sold Out)
#8 - Xbox One Launch Bundle (Sold Out)
#20 - PS4 Standard Bundle (Sold Out)

Amazon DE

#2 - PS4 Standard Bundle
#12 - PS4 KZ4 Bundle
#24 - Xbox One Launch Bundle
#47 - PS4 Drive Club Bundle (Sold Out)

Amazon FR

#32 - Xbox One Launch Bundle (Sold Out)
#41 - PS4 KZ4 Bundle

A quick note about France's preorder numbers.  In July, the PS4 was at #19, while the Xbox One hadn't quite charted, yet.  You can see this in a chart compiled back in July.  

Why the change?  I'm guessing that PS4 preorders (at least for the Standard Bundle) were started completely over, as the Standard Bundle is no longer charting, but the KZ4 bundle is.  Not sure why this happened, if it is the case.

So, it looks like the PS4 has a pretty healthy lead on all sites, minus France.  Do you think this will translate into real world results?  If so, will the PS4 be able to mantain this lead?

Why everyone keep bringing amazon we got lots of websites they selling console I hate amazon and never used them for shopping online 

fallen said:
Amazon US

This is actually a surprisingly small discrepancy. PS4 #8 and XO #10 at the top is not much difference.

The other SKU's at #38 and below probably dont add up to many units even though PS4 has an edge there.

And in general Amazon seems to have a more Playstation slant to it's sales than the rest of the USA (Vita and PSP are some of it's best selling systems in 2012, and PS3 typically beats 360 on Amazon). So XOne is probably doing better elsewhere.

So all in all imo a pretty good showing from Xbox given all the negativity.

I think in US its going to start out a rough 50/50ish split

Its EU where PS4 will take the lead early on

Japan is just obvious IMO

Rest of world should be similar to EU

fallen said:
Amazon US

This is actually a surprisingly small discrepancy. PS4 #8 and XO #10 at the top is not much difference.

The other SKU's at #38 and below probably dont add up to many units even though PS4 has an edge there.

And in general Amazon seems to have a more Playstation slant to it's sales than the rest of the USA (Vita and PSP are some of it's best selling systems in 2012, and PS3 typically beats 360 on Amazon). So XOne is probably doing better elsewhere.

So all in all imo a pretty good showing from Xbox given all the negativity.

Personally, I'm expecting the PS4 to end up with 60% to Xbox One's 40% in the US.  Of course, in other parts of the world, the gap will probably be more like 70% to 30%.  Japan will probably be more like 99.9% to 0.01%. 

JayWood2010 said:

And i remember when these threads were popping up every hour lol Glad to see it one last time though :)

Yea, that did get a little crazy.  Especially when people were making threads based on the normal Bestsellers list, which updates every hour. 

I am glad they are over, not because I didn't like reading them (cause I did), but because it means the systems are finally here.

Around the Network

PS4 is dominating European amazon charts on launch day for the XB1. Even in the UK. 

Looks pretty grim for microsoft. 

room414 said:

PS4 is dominating European amazon charts on launch day for the XB1. Even in the UK. 

Yes i noticed that as well. I wouldn't have guessed such a thing a year ago. So much has changed!!

Somini said:
room414 said:

Yes i noticed that as well. I wouldn't have guessed such a thing a year ago. So much has changed!!

I thought microsoft would pull ahead in every country for launch day so i'm quite suprised. Especially over the UK. 

thismeintiel said:
JayWood2010 said:

Yea, that did get a little crazy.  Especially when people were making threads based on the normal Bestsellers list, which updates every hour. 

I am glad they are over, not because I didn't like reading them (cause I did), but because it means the systems are finally here.

60/40 is too generous. But with 1000000 first day sales for ps4 a 55/45 split sould be huge.