By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - which was the longest RPG you ever played?

my top two

demon's souls: ~180 hours
world of warcraft: ~260 days.

Around the Network

I'm gonna consider the main quest for this, without grinding for extras.... Xenogears. Lasts 80 hours with the main quest alone.

Pokémon and Bethesda games last longer but you are either grinding or collecting pokémon or doing side-quests.

Diablo 2 I put thousands of hours in it. FF I always put like 200-300 hours to get everything perfect same for Bethesda RPGs

Wild ARMs 3 took a large amount of time, especially with the millenium puzzles. Maybe 80+ hours.

Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy XIII felt like they would never end, so them too.

Weedlab said:
techhunter80 said:

KingdomHeartsFan: 

Pokemon Diamond, I don't even wanna look at how many hundred hours I have on there...

You're not the only one, it happened to me too since it was my first pokemon game, and I wanted to have ALL of them. I was like that a lot with DS games for some reason.

Pokemon Diamond - 782 hours

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days - 342 hours

Fallout 3 - 563 hours

Fallout New Vegas - 395 hours

Fable 2 - 252 hours

I used to have nothing to do during those times.

:O holy ..

Dear God in heaven! that's 97 days.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Around the Network

World of Warcraft...... I have like years of playtime, it's pretty fucking ridiculous. Good thing I quit.....

KylieDog said:
Anarchy Online.

I don't want to imagine.

Gotta work them Nanos man!

Weedlab said:
DucksUnlimited said:
Weedlab said:
Skyrim ... my dark elf is 423 hours. High elf is 342 hours and my nord is 121.

Mass Effect 2 would come in at number 2. I played that game quite a bit.

If you consider Soul Sacrifice as one then that too. I was over 200 hours the last time I checked. I might be 400+ (can't remember).

Holy butts that's a lot! Just as a reference, that's roughly 42 days worth of playtime. I might cry just thinking about it...

I don't understand you crazy people saying ME2 though. That game didn't seem like it had enough content to really take all that long. I think I put about 20 hours into it, and I did all the optional side stuff I could find.

Really? It was my favorite of the 3. I played with every class, especially the soldier. To me that game has a lot of replay value. In some sense 3 is better - others worse - but it didn't sway me as much as 2. The gameplay was more refined and I liked that, but I found 2 to be more challenging, so I stuck with it. I blazed through 3, even on insanity. Which system did you play it for? It was great on PS3 with all the DLC on disc with the excepion of Arrival (I think that's the name of it).

I played on PC. I didn't get the DLC, so that could be part of why I feel this way. I just didn't think each class was really different enough to warrant seperate playthroughs. It was a good game though, definitely better than the first in most regards.

DucksUnlimited said:
Weedlab said:
DucksUnlimited said:
Weedlab said:
Skyrim ... my dark elf is 423 hours. High elf is 342 hours and my nord is 121.

Mass Effect 2 would come in at number 2. I played that game quite a bit.

If you consider Soul Sacrifice as one then that too. I was over 200 hours the last time I checked. I might be 400+ (can't remember).

Holy butts that's a lot! Just as a reference, that's roughly 42 days worth of playtime. I might cry just thinking about it...

I don't understand you crazy people saying ME2 though. That game didn't seem like it had enough content to really take all that long. I think I put about 20 hours into it, and I did all the optional side stuff I could find.

Really? It was my favorite of the 3. I played with every class, especially the soldier. To me that game has a lot of replay value. In some sense 3 is better - others worse - but it didn't sway me as much as 2. The gameplay was more refined and I liked that, but I found 2 to be more challenging, so I stuck with it. I blazed through 3, even on insanity. Which system did you play it for? It was great on PS3 with all the DLC on disc with the excepion of Arrival (I think that's the name of it).

I played on PC. I didn't get the DLC, so that could be part of why I feel this way. I just didn't think each class was really different enough to warrant seperate playthroughs. It was a good game though, definitely better than the first in most regards.

After playing through all the classes, I can say that the only one I liked was soldier. Most of the others were crap. ME3 had some interesting new additions though. That ninja one was decent.

I can see where you are coming from. ME3 on PS3 is standard, and I felt cheated when I compared it to ME2 with respect to content. I burned through it in little time. I'll have to get the DLC to get the full experience, but man are they expensive.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Sky. Fucking. Rim.
Lost my life to that game.
Wife left, kids left... No job...

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.