By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you want out of Nintendo's NEXT console?

JGarret said:

Really, find a way to avoid these goddamn software droughts...going 8/9 months without releasing anything important is unacceptable.

That´s by far my main complaint about Nintendo and would be my main wish for their next system.

Yeah the droughts are definitely taking their toll. That's probably the main reason for me wanting it to be more powerful.  Third party support would ease the pain between in house releases.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

Around the Network

Something similar to the gamecube, with optional gimmicks.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

cbarroso09 said:
i want the portable to be the control for the console, so we have two gaming devices by the price of one. That will easy Nintendos job creating games and increasing profits, while we get the best of the worlds at once.

I could get down with that!

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

KingdomHeartsFan said:
cbarroso09 said:
i want the portable to be the control for the console, so we have two gaming devices by the price of one. That will easy Nintendos job creating games and increasing profits, while we get the best of the worlds at once.

If you look at NIntendo's console vs handheld games they are made completely different, the handheld games are made to be played in short intervals at a time and the console games are not.  I'd rather they stay seperate and have their own feel.

I have no problem playing any 3DS game on Wii U right now, the expereince is there. We are the one to decide how to play it. 

Cheap. Low powered

Around the Network

Games

EDIT: Good games

cbarroso09 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
cbarroso09 said:

If you look at NIntendo's console vs handheld games they are made completely different, the handheld games are made to be played in short intervals at a time and the console games are not.  I'd rather they stay seperate and have their own feel.

I have no problem playing any 3DS game on Wii U right now, the expereince is there. We are the one to decide how to play it. 

Ya you can play any 3DS game hours at a time, but the option to play small intervals at a time needs to be there, that is just not present in console games.  If you mix handheld and home consoles together like you suggested then the option to play small intervals at a time would probably dissapear in most games and that would really discourage actually taking your handheld on the go.

I don't know if power is the problem.

I mean, people say that because they think power = Third party support.
But the third party that really matters are the exclusives (ie: Ni No Kuni), not cross plataforms that are going to be better at the PC anyway (CoD, AC).

If they are exclusives, then the power means nothing in the end, since it can only be played on that one console.
Just a thought.

I will think about the OP question a little more.

Just an HD portable.

Hibern81 said:

I'm not a graphics whore by any stretch of the imagination, but one of the main things I want in Nintendo's next console is pure power.  Even if Nintendo themselves don't want to utilize it.  I say they need to make third parties find a new reason for not releasing games on their hardware.  I'm a 100% sure that the Wii U would be more popular if it didn't have a preconceived notion of it being on par with the ps3 and 360.  Oh, and for the love of God, don't put Wii anywhere in the next name!

If I wanted gaming power, I go to my PC, which is fully capable of being the president of master race pc gaming.

That being said I enjoy Nintendo for their unique experiences and I want them as a choice for other experiences as well, I love my Wii U, but Nintendo shot themselves in the foot a little with the memory they put in the system. When the other systems launched it was an ok amount of memory in a computer and excellent for a dedicated system. I want them to put a bit more foresight into their next console and it doesn't have to be purely about graphical power, it can be for longevity of the system. Even today I am convinced they can do more with what they have as their storage medium has is flash memory, they can use 4GB of that and turn it into more space for ram, require more external hard drives, etc.

Most of all I need them to switch to an account based system. We just purchased a second Wii U, a basic the kids will have full run of, I want our accounts and purchases on both systems.