By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Spore in development for 360 and PS3? Maybe...

Strange wording by EA's President, maybe they're waiting to see how it does on PC first?  It's also strange to see it in development for the Mac and not the 360 and PS3.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6185888.html?part=rss&tag=gs_news&subj=6185888

Spore planted on September 7, coming to PS3/360?

By Tor Thorsen, GameSpot
Posted Feb 12, 2008 10:54 am PT

"The Wii version of Spore, which was reconfirmed at an EA analysts' event today, has not yet been dated. However, it may not be the only version of the ambitious evolution-civilization-space-exploration sim to hit next-generation consoles. Speaking to analysts, EA Games president Frank Gibeau said that Spore is "already in development" for the newest generation of consoles, "Wii included." He did not specify further platforms, and an EA reps speaking to GameSpot would say the company is "considering all options in the console space.""

Around the Network

Spore is going on every current platform.  It's going to be crap.

Wait. I thought it was always supposed to be coming to the PS3 and 360...

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

If he said "Wii included", isn't that pretty much implying all 3 systems?

Words Of Wisdom said:
Spore is going on every current platform. It's going to be crap.

What, uh, gives you that impression? Because it clearly isn't Wil Wright's previous work.

And yes, I fully expect this game to land on the PS360 at some point in time, but I also expect the PCWiiDS to get the game first.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

It's EA, so it will probably end up everywhere. As long as the PC version is as great as I expect it to be, I'm fine with it. They'll probably hire outside studios to port the game from PC to the HD consoles like they did with The Orange Box, while the Wii version will probably be made by Wright like the PC version.

I doubt they could pay Will Wright enough to make a PS3 and 360 game, as he's publicly attacked the consoles many times, calling them "incremental improvements" and the Wii the only next-gen console.

Yeah I'm pretty sure they originally said PC. Then said DS and PS360. Then later said Wii also. At least that is how I remember it.

All I know is the PC version will be the best scenario and experience. As the others will be gimped down in feature set.

naznatips said:
It's EA, so it will probably end up everywhere. As long as the PC version is as great as I expect it to be, I'm fine with it. They'll probably hire outside studios to port the game from PC to the HD consoles like they did with The Orange Box, while the Wii version will probably be made by Wright like the PC version.

I doubt they could pay Will Wright enough to make a PS3 and 360 game, as he's publicly attacked the consoles many times, calling them "incremental improvements" and the Wii the only next-gen console.

I thought it was valve for the PC/360 but they paid EA to do the PS3 port which turned out horrible?

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Woot! 3rd paryt development starts to shift to Wii. Maybe they will port the Wii version to PS3 and 360.

Bladeneo said:
naznatips said:

I thought it was valve for the PC/360 but they paid EA to do the PS3 port which turned out horrible?

Well, it wasn't horrible, just glitchy. You are right, the 360 version was ported by Valve (since it's easy to port from PC to 360), but Valve refused to do a PS3 port, mostly because Newell thought that PS3 programming wasn't worth his team's time, so EA bought the rights to make the port.