By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - killzone shadowfall or ryse:son of rome.which one has the best graphics? poll added

which has the best graphics?

ryse:son of rome 52 25.37%

killzone shadowfall 103 50.24%

see results 49 23.90%

Total:204
kitler53 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
kitler53 said:
if you look at still screenshots they look comparable but...

1080p vs. 900p
60 fps vs. 30 fps

...graphically speaking the winner is obviously killzone.

The Last of Us:
720p / 30 FPS

Wipeout HD:
1080p / 60 FPS

--> Wipeout is obviously the best looking game on PS3 and Xbox 360.

silly responce doesn't really deserve an answer but,.. 

when you look at the still screenshots of wipeout and TLoU the level of details isn't even close hense the comparison isn't valid.

ryse and killzone, however, have similar detail.  but when viewed on a big screen TV instead of on these forums killzone's 1080p will be noticable.  when actually played (aka in motion) the smoother animations of 60 fps will also be noticable.

killzone get's the nod.

(Thank god some people get the point :P)

Around the Network
fighter said:
Shinobi-san said:
fatslob-:O said:
JoeTheBro said:
Killzone's better resolution and frame rate give it an advantage right out of the gate. It also has great particle effects.

Outside of that though, they are completely different styles. It's like comparing pickles and cucumbers.

Killzone looks more technically impressive by the fact that it's areas and draw distance is alot bigger while also sporting more AIs on screen at a time. This furthers even more by the fact that it has better physics and a higher resolution along with framerate. 

Ryse probably has the best textures and character models and that's what counts most when it comes to better graphics. 

Agree with this.

This is like in 2010 when we did comparisons between god of war 3 And uncharted 2. God of war has a drawback in that it has a static camera.

In this case Ryse seems to be a very cinematic game with small levels/environments with pre defined set pieces. Killzone on the other hand has gone for a much more open/free style comparad to previous iterations....the levels are quite big and you can go wherrver you want whenever you want.

nope

http://s.pro-gmedia.com/videogamer/media/images/xboxone/ryse/screens/ryse_4.jpg

https://static.squarespace.com/static/51d31cb7e4b0141aacb53a2c/5262a490e4b03006c796096d/5262a552e4b03006c7960b0c/1382196563932/112.gif?format=1500w

LOL Are those pictures suppose to support your argument or mine

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

JoeTheBro said:
Killzone's better resolution and frame rate give it an advantage right out of the gate. It also has great particle effects.

Outside of that though, they are completely different styles. It's like comparing pickles and cucumbers.

Not sure if serious. In what universe does resolution or frame rate automatically give a game an edge in how impressive it's visuals are? By that logic, here's a list of games for PS3 and 360 that are more visually impressive than Ryse, because these are all native 1080p.

Boogie Bunnies (360), Bejeweled 2 (PS3), Disgaea 3 (PS3), Fat Princess (PS3), Fifa Street 3 (both), Virtua Tennis 3 (both), I could go on, but I think you get the point.

By that logic a digitally remastered bluray 1080p version of Terminator 1 is more "visually impressive" than a DVD version of Terminator 2 at 720p?  Just no.

Also by that logic Avatar on DVD is less visually impressive than a bluray version of each and every movie ever released on bluray.

That just seems a tad bit silly to me.

Shinobi-san said:
fighter said:
Shinobi-san said:
fatslob-:O said:
JoeTheBro said:

Killzone looks more technically impressive by the fact that it's areas and draw distance is alot bigger while also sporting more AIs on screen at a time. This furthers even more by the fact that it has better physics and a higher resolution along with framerate. 

Ryse probably has the best textures and character models and that's what counts most when it comes to better graphics. 

Agree with this.

This is like in 2010 when we did comparisons between god of war 3 And uncharted 2. God of war has a drawback in that it has a static camera.

In this case Ryse seems to be a very cinematic game with small levels/environments with pre defined set pieces. Killzone on the other hand has gone for a much more open/free style comparad to previous iterations....the levels are quite big and you can go wherrver you want whenever you want.

nope

http://s.pro-gmedia.com/videogamer/media/images/xboxone/ryse/screens/ryse_4.jpg

https://static.squarespace.com/static/51d31cb7e4b0141aacb53a2c/5262a490e4b03006c796096d/5262a552e4b03006c7960b0c/1382196563932/112.gif?format=1500w

LOL Are those pictures suppose to support your argument or mine

LMAO the worst part is those are preredenered cutscenes too. Those graphics are never going to match gameplay. 

Around the Network

Clearly Killzone. I've played SNES games with more color and personality than Ryse.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Andrespetmonkey said:

did you get this from GAF?

They are going crazy over Antonio Banderas.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

1080p is the PS4's thing
You what game I want.

Andrespetmonkey said:

I'm sending this to a few people, thank you sir. 

Also, I think Killzone wins, 1080p and it seems like more things happening during the game.

Lulz said:
JoeTheBro said:

Not sure if serious. In what universe does resolution or frame rate automatically give a game an edge in how impressive it's visuals are? By that logic, here's a list of games for PS3 and 360 that are more visually impressive than Ryse, because these are all native 1080p.

Boogie Bunnies (360), Bejeweled 2 (PS3), Disgaea 3 (PS3), Fat Princess (PS3), Fifa Street 3 (both), Virtua Tennis 3 (both), I could go on, but I think you get the point.

By that logic a digitally remastered bluray 1080p version of Terminator 1 is more "visually impressive" than a DVD version of Terminator 2 at 720p?  Just no.

Also by that logic Avatar on DVD is less visually impressive than a bluray version of each and every movie ever released on bluray.

That just seems a tad bit silly to me.

Um no, that's not what I said. Having a better resolution and frame rate is just an advantage, not the quintessential element.