By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Spore finally gets a release date!

[[Source Kotaku]

Spore Launches In September

After years of eager anticipation, EA has finally announced a concrete release date for Will Wright's latest potential masterpiece. A link of the front page of Spore.com takes you to a video that proudly proclaims, "Earthlings, get ready to leave your galaxy...September 7th, 2008." The video was heralded by a message from Will Wright himself, sent out with the first official Spore newsletter.

While we finish up the game over the next few months, we'll be sharing more information with you and other fans. As a newsletter subscriber, you'll be among the first to get new Spore information, screenshots, videos and other cool features from the Spore team. Check out our launch date teaser, and of course you can visit Spore.com for updates anytime.
Now that the long period of waiting is finally over, the next long period of waiting can officially begin!

The Spore Launch Date Annoucement Trailer [Spore.Com - Thanks Deadeyereborn!]

Around the Network

And sadly, I'm not as excited for this game as I once was. There really comes a point when you've just waited too long. I suppose if my computer can run it I might get it, but I'm not too optimistic at the moment.

Bah, I was hoping for late spring :( Ah well, at least now I can mark my calendar.

Pretty Cool. hope this game lives up to the hype (and rally gets released at sayed date)

thanx twesterm 

i know i have heard nothing but crazy hype for this game

Around the Network
twesterm said:
And sadly, I'm not as excited for this game as I once was. There really comes a point when you've just waited too long. I suppose if my computer can run it I might get it, but I'm not too optimistic at the moment.

How i feel about it to.

wow,i wonder if they will hold to it

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

crap, I just posted a predication that this game would hit q1 09.... better get delayed, haha.

Glad to see it finally get a set date. Never been too hyped about this game, but once the previews/reviews start coming out, I probably will be. Awesome concept.

anyone know if this is also for wii

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"