By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Caught Using PlayStation 4 Watch Dogs Gameplay

allblue said:

Well to be fair, I think this one is an honest mistake, I don't think microsoft would do something so blatant and hurt their reputation further.

its both ubisofts and microsofts fault. if Ubi did provide the video why didnt they just give them xbox one footage? and why didnt MS double check? also its very obvious they both knew, as the triangle and O buttons were blured out or covered. this "its ubi's fault" is bullshit. this is xbox official youtube channel after all.

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
All footage comes from the publishers. You can thank them for whatever Sony, MS and Nintendo show when it comes to 3rd party titles.

Quoting myself since it'snow been revealed that Ubisoft provided the footage.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

This is not new practice, I remember seeing xbox version of games being used in ps2 advertisement because they looked better

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Maybe by purchasing the Xbox One version, the Ps4 version is included?

the actual difference to normal eyes in that game from all versions will be minimal, so using footage from xbox, ps4 or wiiu is going to be imperceptible for normal customers.

34 years playing games.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:

Major nelson just said this on reddit

majornelson  0 points 7 hours ago*

Hey – just seeing this now. Good catch! Looks like there was a mix up at Ubisoft when they provided this video. I am told that they are on the case will provide more news on Watch_Dogs at a later date.

sure major nelson, sure...

He sure sounds happy the thruth came out

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

have a nice day!

Quite innocent compared to when MS tried to patent some Gnome desktop environment features leaving the Gnome logo in the screenshots attached to the patent application.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

gooch_destroyer said:
Yeah, this isn't the first time.

It isn't.  In fact, there was a game that was released on Games On Demand and the publisher provided the PS3 version manual.

bananaking21 said:
allblue said:

Well to be fair, I think this one is an honest mistake, I don't think microsoft would do something so blatant and hurt their reputation further.

its both ubisofts and microsofts fault. if Ubi did provide the video why didnt they just give them xbox one footage? and why didnt MS double check? also its very obvious they both knew, as the triangle and O buttons were blured out or covered. this "its ubi's fault" is bullshit. this is xbox official youtube channel after all.

You assume who ever would be responsible for uploading the content actually knows anything about video games or the difference between a PS3, 360, or Wii U let alone a PS4 and Xbox One.

Anyway, I assume it was near 5PM on a Friday night and the person responsible for uploading the game had the choice between watching and uploading or just uploading before they left.  Because watching then uploading would take longer, I'm guessing they decided to just upload.