By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ryse Son Of Rome. Best graphics of all next gen titles from a technical standpoint says IGN.

selnor1983 said:
Slimebeast said:
selnor1983 said:
Porcupine_I said:
What he actually said was: "this is definitely the most impressive looking next gen game I've seen"

...which could mean nothing at all

Actually he said This is DEFINATELY the most impressive looking next gen title Ive seen so far. At least from a technical standpoint. So art aside, Technically Ryse is KING!

I said all along, Ryse would win Graphics awards. It will just watch. Kinda funny considering Resolutiongate.

I do think Ryse looks fabulous. Colors, art style, sharpness of textures, high poly models and that beautiful shiny lighting - everything is in my taste. To me Ryse looks like the second best looking next gen graphically (after The Division).

But I also believe Ryse benefits from being extremely linear and having small areas. That has to be the explanation.

Meanwhile I bet graphics experts will be able to point at several advanced graphical features being present in Killzone Shadowfall, effects that aren't prominent in Ryse.

The IGN guy is a novice at gaming graphics.

Really enjoyed the game. Played like Arkum meets God Of War. The combat was more rewarding than anyting I read about. 

Around the Network
Hynad said:
selnor1983 said:

???

Not selling PS EYE with every PS4 completely destroys any real hold with gamers on that tech. Im not ignoring anything. Its a bad move in the long run to not include it. It will bite them in the backside. Sure so called core gamers are praising it. But the casuals who loved Wii and Kinect, will not buy and play PS4 for Killzone. 

They want fitness, sports, party games etc. Kinect 2.0 is so responsive this time it will draw in family orientated games that actually play well.

would love to see Star Wars Kinect 2. Now it can literally be 1:1 perfection against Vader. 

Sony havent really got anything to draw me away from Microsoft. I have yearly subs using Xbox Music. I use Xbox Video to buy HD films with smartglass features already. I want hundreds of Windows 8 Apps lying on my couch on a 50"TV. I want to also be able to play great core games as well as family fun. I want to control all my IR devices with one swift Voice command. 

Sont needs more than 100 dollars cheaper to get me to even look at it. 

So yes, I have seen what the competition is doing. Im glad people will enjoy  them. But if anything the launch lineups and functionality of it as a whole has completely turned me off PS4 for its first few years. Maybe when its 150 quid. 

Who are you trying to convince? We all know that there is nothing ANYONE can do to make you look at anything other than something Microsoft. 

Noone. dude. Before Microsoft got my attention, I was ALL about Nintendo. And a little Sony. But when the 360 came out, I forgot all about Playstation. By the time I completed Gears Of War 1 I cancelled my PS3 preorder. Originally  was gona trade in the 360. But Microsoft made an early impression. 

Sont have every chance to steal me back. But they have to offer alot morre than Killzone to do that. I enjoyed 2 ( story was rubbish though ) but 3 was a pretty average game. I didnt really like it. The campaign is non existant in my ead for KZ after that. So KZ 4 is not even a grain off sand towards getting me back. Noting else at launch looks good IMO apart from maybe BF4. 

Sony had there chance, but Id rather play DR3, KI and Forza 5 mixed in with Ryse. Ive not preordered 1 3rd party game at launch. They are all bloody shooters.

selnor1983 said:
Hynad said:
selnor1983 said:

???

Not selling PS EYE with every PS4 completely destroys any real hold with gamers on that tech. Im not ignoring anything. Its a bad move in the long run to not include it. It will bite them in the backside. Sure so called core gamers are praising it. But the casuals who loved Wii and Kinect, will not buy and play PS4 for Killzone. 

They want fitness, sports, party games etc. Kinect 2.0 is so responsive this time it will draw in family orientated games that actually play well.

would love to see Star Wars Kinect 2. Now it can literally be 1:1 perfection against Vader. 

Sony havent really got anything to draw me away from Microsoft. I have yearly subs using Xbox Music. I use Xbox Video to buy HD films with smartglass features already. I want hundreds of Windows 8 Apps lying on my couch on a 50"TV. I want to also be able to play great core games as well as family fun. I want to control all my IR devices with one swift Voice command. 

So yes, I have seen what the competition is doing. Im glad people will enjoy  them. But if anything the launch lineups and functionality of it as a whole has completely turned me off PS4 for its first few years. Maybe when its 150 quid. 

Who are you trying to convince? We all know that there is nothing ANYONE can do to make you look at anything other than something Microsoft. 

Noone. dude. Before Microsoft got my attention, I was ALL about Nintendo. And a little Sony. But when the 360 came out, I forgot all about Playstation. By the time I completed Gears Of War 1 I cancelled my PS3 preorder. Originally  was gona trade in the 360. But Microsoft made an early impression. 

Sont have every chance to steal me back. But they have to offer alot morre than Killzone to do that. I enjoyed 2 ( story was rubbish though ) but 3 was a pretty average game. I didnt really like it. The campaign is non existant in my ead for KZ after that. So KZ 4 is not even a grain off sand towards getting me back. Noting else at launch looks good IMO apart from maybe BF4. 

Sony had there chance, but Id rather play DR3, KI and Forza 5 mixed in with Ryse. Ive not preordered 1 3rd party game at launch. They are all bloody shooters.

"Who are you trying to convince?"

Aldro said:
selnor1983 said:
Hynad said:
selnor1983 said:

???

Noone.

You might want to ask that question to the 1000's of threads people make about Resolution. They are trying ever so desperatley to convince someone something. 

In fact Ive never in the istory of  videogames seen a console with no exclusives  at launch get so much praise and ....

wait a minute. Did you want a cookie?

I'm sure Ryse will have its own positive aspects to gameplay. But i dont get why people are saying this is exactly like GOW? Or Ninja Gaiden? Two very different combat styles.

Ryse is more like Batman/AC. Which is a good thing if your me! :)

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
selnor1983 said:
Aldro said:
selnor1983 said:
Hynad said:
selnor1983 said:

???

Noone.

You might want to ask that question to the 1000's of threads people make about Resolution. They are trying ever so desperatley to convince someone something. 

In fact Ive never in the istory of  videogames seen a console with no exclusives  at launch get so much praise and ....

Shinobi-san said:
I'm sure Ryse will have its own positive aspects to gameplay. But i dont get why people are saying this is exactly like GOW? Or Ninja Gaiden? Two very different combat styles.

Combat wise. So remove the stealth, platforming and variety of equipment and so forth.

Aldro said:
selnor1983 said:
Aldro said:
selnor1983 said:
Hynad said:
selnor1983 said:

???

Noone.

You shouldnt laugh bro. Its not there fault some of those 1080p games have bad framerates. 

I guess wiith no launch games some people have to try and find something. Resolutiongate was funny while it lasted though. At least those promoting it look really silly now over the last few days.

Anyways. Ryse to get 70% of graphics awards. my prediction

Aldro said:
Shinobi-san said:

Combat wise. So remove the stealth, platforming and variety of equipment and so forth.

lol i know that Aldro

But for fans of that particular style of combat...Ryse has potential. Although im getting worried after all the negative previews the game is getting of late.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

cbarroso09 said:
good, but this industry is called the video game industry not Pixar.

could've fooled me