By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Need for Speed Rivals Coming to PS4 on November 15th

The wait for a next-gen games is getting unbearable! And our team at Ghost Games has been pushing themselves to be a part of PlayStation’s big launch day. We’re excited to announce today that Need for Speed Rivals will be a launch title for PS4 in North America on November 15th.

We’re stoked to be the first racing game on PS4, and believe we’re setting a new bar for driving gameplay and visuals. PS4, coupled with the Frostbite 3 engine, will give players unparalleled next-gen gaming — epic locations and vistas, stunning time of day and weather changes, and super high fidelity cars. But we’re not just about looks — what’s under the hood counts, too! With Rivals, we’re introducing AllDrive, a new feature which allows players to choose seamlessly between single player, co-op, or multiplayer, and a completely new way for you to play Need for Speed.

Share Your AllDrive Moments on PS4

Even as we play Need for Speed Rivals, we can never be sure what’ll happen next. Just recently in a Pursuit race, one of the racers dropped a stun mine at the bottom of a jump — another car landed right on top, wiped out, spun out of control, finally landing on the cop that was pursuing him. It’s that chaos and variety enabled by AllDrive that makes Rivals so unpredictable and fun. There’s no way you can script something like that, and when it happens, being able to have players show off those moments through the Share button is something we’re really excited about.

Continue the Race with Remote Play

This feature will work out of the box, allowing players to put down their DualShock 4, grab their Vita, and continue their game for those moments when you have to give up the TV. This is a great new feature, and when you also consider the drop-in functionality of Overwatch mode, we’re giving you more ways to enjoy and play Need for Speed.

See You on the Road

All in all, our team is incredibly proud of what we’re delivering on PS4. As a new studio, this is our first game, and we couldn’t be more excited to have Need for Speed Rivals be there at launch. Whether you choose to be a cop or a racer, we hope to see you out on the open roads of Redview County!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/04/need-for-speed-rivals-coming-to-ps4-on-november-15th/

Around the Network

Personally, I haven't cared for need for speed since the original Most wanted on the Ps2/360....

But it's a good addition to a Ps4 launch lineup.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

So not delayed... good... it is the only racing game on PS4 at launch.

ethomaz said:

Were there rumours that is may get delayed? I thought it's not news that it's coming out at launch.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

eFKac said:

Were there rumours that is may get delayed? I thought it's not news that it's coming out at launch.

It was official on EA site... the PS4 version was delayed to be released together with Xbone version but I think the DriveClub delay make EA think better and release the game on launch... it is the only racing game for launch on PS4.

This was the official launch date by EA.

"The game by any means is not delayed. It's still on track to hit its November 19 and November 22 release date."

So they are trying to release early

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

eFKac said:

It was official on EA site... the PS4 version was delayed to be released together with Xbone version but I think the DriveClub delay make EA think better and release the game on launch... it is the only racing game for launch on PS4.

This was the official launch date by EA.

"The game by any means is not delayed. It's still on track to hit its November 19 and November 22 release date."

So they are trying to release early

Ohh those Xbox lovers from EA...that was really stupid. Was every other game from EA launching on 19 and 22?

Greatness Awaits!

eFKac said:

Ohh those Xbox lovers from EA...that was really stupid. Was every other game from EA launching on 19 and 22?

I didn't check... so I don't know.

ethomaz said:

And apparently a decent one, though the only racing game with actual cars in my heart is GT

Xen said:
ethomaz said:

And apparently a decent one, though the only racing game with actual cars in my heart is GT

I guess it will be crap. EA Ghost released nothing but dissapointments this gen. They have nothing on Criterion.

Greatness Awaits!

eFKac said:
Xen said:
ethomaz said:

I guess it will be crap. EA Ghost released nothing but dissapointments this gen. They have nothing on Criterion.

I doubt straight-up "crap", but I doubt it'll be worth your money on PS3 at least, over GT6.