By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Phil Spencer: "Rare Hasn't Been Designated a Kinect-Only Developer"

Goatseye said:
fatslob-:O said:
Goatseye said:

Nobodies gonna be eating their own words LOL. We all know double helix is know for producing garbage. Their main predecessors such as The Collective and Shiny Entertainment were only out there to produce more dogshit ass games LOL and that especially goes for The Collective cause they have yet too make to make a decent game after that indiana jones game. As for Shiny Entertainment, that golden compass game sucked so hard it's not even funny. BTW Rare isn't developing killer instinct. Theres only one guy from rare that's helping them and it ain't the director it's the producer LMAO. 

That one guy is more important to KI series than anybody ever in Rare's history.

His name is Ken Lobb. The father of Killer Instinct. Not producer but Creative Director.

He is the one that gives go to anything DH does in KI.

DH is doing a mighty fine job and I hope you're not influencing people away from Xbox with your expertise in X1 games.

Ken lobb is mostly irrelevant. He only did some design work and voice acting in killer instinct 1. In killer instinct 2 he was even more irrelevant LOL. 

What's more is that he's also pretty irrelevant in the new killer instinct by doing so called "Supervisor" work LOL. Like WTF is that supposed to mean ? It sounds like he only manages the funds of the development while being given some input on what the game should be like. If anything he's far from being the director in any killer instinct games. 

We'll see if DH is going to do a good job with killer instinct. BTW I could care less about consoles cause I have a PC to do my gaming needs and BTW I'm calling out bullshit on microsoft's idea to outsource it to double helix. We all know their known to be shitty developers. Why microsoft didn't hand killer instinct to neatherRealm studios seriously surprises me seeing as that mortal kombat reboot was a smash success. Killer instinct could have being a great game but no instead they hand it down to low profile developers that have absolutely jack shit experience in fighting games. Maybe I am judging too harshly about an unreleased game but it's DOUBLE HELIX were talking here. 

Around the Network
Goatseye said:

That one guy is more important to KI series than anybody ever in Rare's history.

His name is Ken Lobb. The father of Killer Instinct. Not producer but Creative Director.

DH is doing a mighty fine job and I hope you're not influencing people away from Xbox with your expertise in X1 games.

Ken lobb is mostly irrelevant. He only did some design work and voice acting in killer instinct 1. In killer instinct 2 he was even more irrelevant LOL. 

What's more is that he's also pretty irrelevant in the new killer instinct by doing so called "Supervisor" work LOL. Like WTF is that supposed to mean ? It sounds like he only manages the funds of the development while being given some input on what the game should be like. If anything he's far from being the director in any killer instinct games. 

We'll see if DH is going to do a good job with killer instinct. BTW I could care less about consoles cause I have a PC to do my gaming needs and BTW I'm calling out bullshit on microsoft's idea to outsource it to double helix. We all know their known to be shitty developers. Why microsoft didn't hand killer instinct to neatherRealm studios seriously surprises me seeing as that mortal kombat reboot was a smash success. Killer instinct could have being a great game but no instead they hand it down to low profile developers that have absolutely jack shit experience in fighting games. Maybe I am judging too harshly about an unreleased game but it's DOUBLE HELIX were talking here. 

You don't follow KI development progress much and you game on PC. Won't continue this argument.

Rare is only Rare in name not a patch on what rare originally was...great. I should know i worked there before the takeover

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Goatseye said:
Goatseye said:

You don't follow KI development progress much and you game on PC. Won't continue this argument.

Why follow it when you know it's a bad game developer. After all a game developer is as only as good as their last game and I sure as hell ain't remembering that battleship game being a good game LMAO. 

Why follow it when you know it's a bad game developer. After all a game developer is as only as good as their last game and I sure as hell ain't remembering that battleship game being a good game LMAO. 

You have the right to be skeptical because of their past but I'm pretty sure you can't see into the future.

So everybody should reserve judgement when they get their hands on the game(s).

Around the Network
Bladeforce said:
Rare is only Rare in name not a patch on what rare originally was...great. I should know i worked there before the takeover

Rare was at it's peak with golden eye 007. After that they were mostly irrelevant. Rare still developed lower quality games even before the takeover. Rare lost talent after golden eye 007.

Goatseye said:

You have the right to be skeptical because of their past but I'm pretty sure you can't see into the future.

So everybody should reserve judgement when they get their hands on the game(s).

Dude they have being making games that were consistently trash. It's in their history. If their predecessors stoped making good games then why should we expect any different. You are right about me jumping to the gun since after all killer instinct is getting a bigger budget by microsoft so I'll give this the benefit of doubt for them. Hopefully my judgement of giving them a chance doesn't get the better of me cause otherwise double helix will remain forever trash.