By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - the one thing that really bums me out about the ps3

It looks to me that most Wii games are obviously geared toward casuals. Shovelware and partygames takes an enourmous amount of the Library, then you have your occasional AAA nintendo title. By the end of 08, i think the PS3 will have a much better balance of genres than the Wii. But, the 360 should still have the edge over both in terms of balance. If you think about it, the 360 has everything covered, from FPS to JRPGs. The only thing the 360 doesn't have is a worth while platformer title.

Around the Network

Oh no, I created this thread in hopes of not having a war break out between console supporters. I now fear the worst.

@bbsin, I agree to an extent. I think every library has a ways to go, but the wii, at the moment, I believe offers a bit more of that different experience with games like zack and wiki and even no more heroes. Also, shovelware sucks but partygames aren't always low quality.

I do like the neat ideas psn fans are throwing out though. Stuff for me to look into. I guess if Xbox folks have unique titles to boast too (no re-releases.... I'm looking at you rez HD), feel free to drop some knowledge.

bbsin said:
It looks to me that most Wii games are obviously geared toward casuals. Shovelware and partygames takes an enourmous amount of the Library, then you have your occasional AAA nintendo title. By the end of 08, i think the PS3 will have a much better balance of genres than the Wii. But, the 360 should still have the edge over both in terms of balance. If you think about it, the 360 has everything covered, from FPS to JRPGs. The only thing the 360 doesn't have is a worth while platformer title.

Sorry, but you obviously haven't been paying attention to the quality third party traditional titles, in fact I would say that PS3 with its mostly "hardcore" library fails to cover genres that appeal to the nontraditional gamer

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
bbsin said:

Sorry, but you obviously haven't been paying attention to the quality third party traditional titles, in fact I would say that PS3 with its mostly "hardcore" library fails to cover genres that appeal to the nontraditional gamer

Well, why don't you make a list of your quality 3rd party traditional titles and I'll make a list of shovelware and party game geared towards casual and see who comes up with a bigger list?

As for the PS3 remarks, whether you're talking about balance between genres or casual/hardcore games the Wii would be the most unbalanced. Just compare the amount of casual games to hardcore, then for genre balance, compare the amount of party games and licensed cartoon/disney games to fps, racing, RPGs. We're not disputing to actualy QUALITY of the games, we're talking about the what system has the software that appeals to everyone, whether it's FPS fans, Sports fans, RPG fans, etc. and right now the 360 has just about every genre covered.

^no i still think the wii has the most varity, 360 only fits hardcore right now just like teh ps3

Around the Network

i know what you mean i like alot of those games that you posted,it does hace some but on the psn i think most of these types of games will end up on wii

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

"It's that sony went from truely caring about all gamers, and having something for everyone, to very suddenly being very tech and hardcore driven."

Plus I'd like to add "male hardcore driven". There are also female gamers, but Sony doesn't really seem to give a shit about that with the PS3, unless they think that every woman likes Singstar or Rockband then they really have another thing coming.

I totally agree, I regret buying my PS3 and have put it away in its box now for the time being, might be selling it until the console has a better library of games to my taste... IF..I ever will buy the PS3 again. The console is also IMO too much biased on home, blu ray, hardcore shooter / action games instead of making it a console for everyone and I don't think PS3 will ever lose this image. Just check the release list for the upcoming 2 months and you can count already 7 shooter games. That's just ridiculous!

When it comes to next gen I love my WII seriously the most and has the most games to offer for me, other then that I still love my PS2, but PS3... has totally lost it for me.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

*~Onna76~* said:
"It's that sony went from truely caring about all gamers, and having something for everyone, to very suddenly being very tech and hardcore driven."

Plus I'd like to add "male hardcore driven". There are also female gamers, but Sony doesn't really seem to give a shit about that with the PS3, unless they think that every woman likes Singstar or Rockband then they really have another thing coming.

I totally agree, I regret buying my PS3 and have put it away in its box now for the time being, might be selling it until the console has a better library of games to my taste... IF..I ever will buy the PS3 again. The console is also IMO too much biased on home, blu ray, hardcore shooter / action games instead of making it a console for everyone and I don't think PS3 will ever lose this image. Just check the release list for the upcoming 2 months and you can count already 7 shooter games. That's just ridiculous!

When it comes to next gen I love my WII seriously the most and has the most games to offer for me, other then that I still love my PS2, but PS3... has totally lost it for me.

didnt you plan on importing disgaea?
and from the japan psn, i downloaded this weird game.
it acts like an anime tactics strategy game.
maybe that might tickle your fancy?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

For me the problem with the ps3 is that I only want to use it for great looking games. I got an HDTV with my PS3 and I dont like the way PS1 or PS2 games look on it. 360 games look great too, but I hate the black bars on the side when I play old school ps1 games.

Well I'd also like to mention that the PS3 just got past it's year mark, comparing it's first year to the 360's current library is a bit prude wouldn't you think? All things considered I think they have a great selection of games, definitely more geared twards the hardcore, but they have plenty to go around I'd say. PSN titles are a bit more diverse, and lean much higher on the "casual" level, games like Calling all Cars, or Pixel Junk Monsters, fl0w, super stardust, everyday shooter, Pain, etc etc.

@Onna, sorry to see you so disappointed with it :( But every generation so far Sony has delivered gaming experiences on all fronts, I have no reason to believe they wont this generation. However if you do come back, you'll have some of us here to welcome you :P I'd seriously recommend some PSN titles ^^;

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.