By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination - Sorry VGC, But Your Thread Is In Another Castle

Rate Conegamer's Reign

10 81 70.43%

9 4 3.48%

8 2 1.74%

7 3 2.61%

6 0 0%

5 1 0.87%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 1 0.87%

1 8 6.96%

Total:100
_crazy_man_ said:

An update to my Pokemon trading offers:

Want:

Any Viable 4-5 IV Pokemon

Have:

6 IV Female Sassy Larvitar with Guts (no egg moves)

5 IV Male Timid Fennekin with Blaze (IV's are 31/x/31/31/31/31)

4 IV Female Impish Skarmory with Study (Has Whirlwind and Brave Bird egg moves) (IV's are 31/31/31/x/31/x)

(2) 4 IV Female Jolly Drillbur with Sand Rush (Both IV's are 31/31/31/x/x/31)

Shiny Female Hardy Murkrow with Super Luck, caught in Horde Battle (IV's are 6-9/8-11/16-19/1-4/0/27) (Timer Ball)

Shiny Male Sassy Growlithe with Justified, caught in Friend Safari (IV's are 26-28/31/10-12/22-24/31/1-3) (Ultra Ball)

Shiny Male Lonely Charizard with Blaze, caught in Friend Safari (IV's are 31/16-18/25-30/2-4/2-3/31) (Ultra Ball)

I might be able to help you out here...will check shortly.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Just a quick reminder as well that the eShop will be undergoing maintenance on Thursday so won't be active. It shouldn't be a big deal, but best to be safe!

BasilZero said:
_crazy_man_ said:

Also lots of reviews seem to already dismiss it at the start by saying "ITS NOT METROID, WTF RETRO"

They based the scores on that? Damn lol

I don't think it's just that, but I'd imagine it does have quite a big say. People are pretty angry about that after all!

BasilZero said:
_crazy_man_ said:

Also lots of reviews seem to already dismiss it at the start by saying "ITS NOT METROID, WTF RETRO"

They based the scores on that? Damn lol

Not entirely but it kinda makes it look like they a;ready made up there mind before even playing the game when saying stuff like that.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

_crazy_man_ said:
Conegamer said:
guiduc said:
http://www.gamrreview.com/review/91098/donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze-wiiu

I don't get why this game is getting such average scores, although it is 100 times better than Returns. C'mon, only the music makes the game worth it. Such a shame...

Haven't played the game so I'm not sure, but it looks like it's being reviewed down because it's "more of the same" and "just a plat former" if that makes sense. Harsh maybe but true.

I can understand the disappointment over Metroid, but looking at the bigger picture New Super Mario Bros. U got 84 and New Super Mario Bros. Wii got 87, which are the two more of the same, at least DKC: TF got a lot more work with each stages having a unique design, absolute great soundtrack (compared to rehashes), great boss design compared to AGAIN Koopalings... What this is telling me is that Donkey Kong is not as good as New Super Mario Bros. U, which is completely ludicrous considered the amount of work it got. I'm still in shock, even though I enjoyed this game a lot more than the original Returns and felt like it was a true successor to DKC2, maybe it's just me but the community seems to agree with me, not always the critics. I feel just like it's an injustice to Retro, who worked hard and create a superb game.

Around the Network
guiduc said:
_crazy_man_ said:
Conegamer said:
guiduc said:
http://www.gamrreview.com/review/91098/donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze-wiiu

I don't get why this game is getting such average scores, although it is 100 times better than Returns. C'mon, only the music makes the game worth it. Such a shame...

Haven't played the game so I'm not sure, but it looks like it's being reviewed down because it's "more of the same" and "just a plat former" if that makes sense. Harsh maybe but true.

I can understand the disappointment over Metroid, but looking at the bigger picture New Super Mario Bros. U got 84 and New Super Mario Bros. Wii got 87, which are the two more of the same, at least DKC: TF got a lot more work with each stages having a unique design, absolute great soundtrack (compared to rehashes), great boss design compared to AGAIN Koopalings... What this is telling me is that Donkey Kong is not as good as New Super Mario Bros. U, which is completely ludicrous considered the amount of work it got. I'm still in shock, even though I enjoyed this game a lot more than the original Returns and felt like it was a true successor to DKC2, maybe it's just me but the community seems to agree with me, not always the critics. I feel just like it's an injustice to Retro, who worked hard and create a superb game.

This is why i hate people sometimes, All because of saltiness, some reviewers gave the game a low score. I get wanted Metroid/new IP/etc, but to judge a game cuz its not the one you want? Dafuq???

Gamespot made it so obvious, Cant  stand ignorant people

to Guiduc
high amount of hard work doesnt equal to a better game
NSMBU is the better game period. you might like DK more which is perfect

supernihilist said: NSMBU is the better game period.

Is this based on review scores alone? I sure hope not!

Nintendo must release a powerful console next time, with comparable specs of Next Sony Console, and focus on multiplatform games also!

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Oh lawlz, looks like the mods have done Conegamer's bidding as AwakeandAlive's threads are now asleep and dead!