By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination - Sorry VGC, But Your Thread Is In Another Castle

Rate Conegamer's Reign

10 81 70.43%

9 4 3.48%

8 2 1.74%

7 3 2.61%

6 0 0%

5 1 0.87%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 1 0.87%

1 8 6.96%

Total:100

Wii U news of 26/02/2014:

• Media Create: Wii U sales are flat (even though PS4 released) only falling 375 units, for a total of 8.4k. And DK falls to #12 with 14k units sold... A bad week, but it was expected.
  • Buuuut, the Wii U has outsold the X360 LT sales in Japan, so that's something!
  • Famitsu's most wanted for March are in (I won't do a huge analysis like last month :P), and Wii U has the same three games: Mario Kart 8 at #4 (#2 in February), Hyrule Warriors at #14 (was #9), and SSB4 Wii U at #21 (surprassed by 3DS version, was at #13).
  • Here are some new details about Combo's in SSB4!
  • Also (even if this isn't related to Nintendo), I may have never played SotC, but I have heard it's music, and this is my new "work music"!

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Conegamer said:
So tomorrow could be the last day of the Pokemon Twitch Stream. It's been a good run.

Why tomorrow, did I miss something? o.o

He's assuming that they will attempt the Elite 4 tomorrow and win. And then is the end of the Red Stream. To be followed by a gold/silver stream which he probably didn't know is happening. though i don't knowuntil when its starting since the game is going to be modded so that Red uses the pokemon from this stream's game

Speaking of Pokemon, i started to play Crystal and I'm already at Cianwood roughly 3 hours in using only a dunsparce to do damage. Right now, he is tad underleveled (for soloing a fighting gym)so I need to grind. I played firered last week in about 24 hours with the last 8 hours largely grinding, but I am at a much faster pace here

And news on how fast XSEED's localization of Senran Kagura was

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/223210-xseed-states-that-senran-kagura-burst-took-3-months-to-localize

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

AstroGamer said:

Speaking of Pokemon, i started to play Crystal and I'm already at Cianwood roughly 3 hours in using only a dunsparce to do damage

SWEET JESUS! TEACH ME HOW TO POKEMON!!!

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

lestatdark said:
Conegamer said:
So tomorrow could be the last day of the Pokemon Twitch Stream. It's been a good run.

It's as was said below really. They'll probably get to Indigo Plaibs tomorrow, or today now, and have a crack at winning. I know there's another stream, however, no way will it be the same or nearly as popular. The Pokemon all have their own identities now, it's a team effort and restarting that without the magic, mystery and confusion just won't feel correct.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Also, I'm sad to say it looks like I'm going to need a new laptop, so updates will be scarce for the next week or so, I'll try using it when I can but it doesn't look promising.

However, there is indeed a Pokemon Tourney on this weekend. If you want in, I need to here from you now!

So far, I think Lestatdark, Smeags, NinPie and I all want to play. I assume you guys minus TBone who played last time are in, and I've had interest from other people. So do just say and infirm, however, and make sure you remember it's happening! I'll send out reminders about 8 hours before, though.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
lestatdark said:
Conegamer said:

It's as was said below really. They'll probably get to Indigo Plaibs tomorrow, or today now, and have a crack at winning. I know there's another stream, however, no way will it be the same or nearly as popular. The Pokemon all have their own identities now, it's a team effort and restarting that without the magic, mystery and confusion just won't feel correct.

They'll probably still take a couple of days to even get through Victory Road. Facing the Elite 4 will be another deal all entirely, since they're gonna need to finally get their bearing on healing pokes after fights with potions, which has never happened on the stream.

They'll end up buying a bunch of Full Restores and someone will toss them. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

The end of online game for Wii and DS is near

http://www.nintendo.com.au/termination-of-nintendo-wi-fi-connection

As of May 20th, 2014, the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service will be discontinued and it will no longer be possible to use online features of Nintendo DS/DSi and Wii software such as online play, matchmaking and leaderboards.

Unaffected services

The following services are not affected by the termination, and will continue to be available after May 20th:

• Internet Channel
  • Nintendo DS Browser
  • Nintendo DSi Browser
  • Nintendo DSi Shop
  • Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Pay & Play
  • Wii Shop Channel
  • YouTube

Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games will not be affected but it will not be possible to use online features of Wii software played in Wii Mode on Wii U, and of Nintendo DS games played on Nintendo 3DS family systems.

List of affected Nintendo-published games

Online features and services of the following Nintendo-published games for Wii and Nintendo DS will no longer be available as of May 20th, 2014. For more details about each game's Internet features, please refer to its website. For information about online services and features for games published by other companies, please contact the publisher.

Wii

• Animal Crossing: Let's Go to the City
  • Battalion Wars 2
  • Boom Street
  • Endless Ocean
  • Endless Ocean 2: Adventures of the Deep
  • Mario Kart Wii
  • Mario Sports Mix
  • Mario Strikers Charged Football
  • Pokémon Battle Revolution
  • Samurai Warriors 3
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl
  • The Last Story
  • Trauma Center New Blood

Wii Ware

• Dr. Mario & Germ Buster
  • Excitebike World Challenge
  • LONPOS
  • MaBoShi: The Three Shape Arcade
  • ThruSpace High Velocity 3D Puzzle
  • WarioWare: Do It Yourself-Showcase

Other

• Wii Speak

Nintendo DS/DSi games

• 100 Classic Book Collection
  • Advance Wars: Dark Conflict
  • Animal Crossing: Wild World
  • Clubhouse Games
  • Custom Robo Arena
  • Diddy Kong Racing DS
  • Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
  • Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2
  • Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
  • Mario Kart DS
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem!
  • Metroid Prime Hunters
  • Nintendo presents: Style Boutique
  • Picross DS
  • Pokémon Black Version
  • Pokémon Black Version 2
  • Pokémon Conquest
  • Pokémon Diamond
  • Pokémon HeartGold Version
  • Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness
  • Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
  • Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time
  • Pokémon Pearl
  • Pokémon Platinum Version
  • Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs
  • Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
  • Pokémon SoulSilver Version
  • Pokémon White Version
  • Pokémon White Version 2
  • Professor Layton and Pandora's Box
  • Professor Layton and the Curious Village
  • Professor Layton and the Last Specter
  • Professor Layton and the Lost Future
  • Star Fox Command
  • Tenchu: Dark Secret
  • TETRIS DS
  • The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
  • WarioWare: Do It Yourself

Nintendo DSiWare games

• Metal Torrent
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again!
  • Sujin Taisen: Number Battle

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

People will be furious about Pokémons online services being turned off, I can guarantee that. But that's the way of the world.

It's also why I don't want any console to have online as a requirement ever.

Interestingly, they are turning it off before Mario Kart 8 arrives, which surprises me. I expected it to happen on Mario Kart 8's release date, since that way there'd always be a console Mario Kart game that you can play online.

Nintendo Network ID: domflo

Add me if you like!

Ask me about 3DS Friend Code if interested. All other things are in the profile!

domflo said:

Interestingly, they are turning it off before Mario Kart 8 arrives, which surprises me. I expected it to happen on Mario Kart 8's release date, since that way there'd always be a console Mario Kart game that you can play online.

They are doing it on purspose to allow users to feel that lost and then, bang!, the new Mario Kart 8 with (hopefully) better online so more of them jump onboard the WiiU game... and console.

They are japanese, they are machiavellian enough to think that way.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

They're turning off DQIX online serviçes??? Damn, I need to download the rest of the DLC missions before that date .

I hope that by turning off B/W and B2/W2 online they just mean the online capacities of the game. If they turn off the interaction between Poketransfer and those games, Nintendo can go fornicate under consent of the king themselves.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"