By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination - Sorry VGC, But Your Thread Is In Another Castle

Rate Conegamer's Reign

10 81 70.43%

9 4 3.48%

8 2 1.74%

7 3 2.61%

6 0 0%

5 1 0.87%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 1 0.87%

1 8 6.96%

Total:100
BasilZero said:
Conegamer said:
Eh, another nothing week really sadly.

Also I know I said the update was coming today, but that's looking more and more likely to be pushed back to tomorrow. In the meantime, anyone watching the Pokemon?

Watching Pokemon? The anime o.O?

Or that Twitch Plays Pokemon thing.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Conegamer said:

Also I know I said the update was coming today, but that's looking more and more likely to be pushed back to tomorrow. In the meantime, anyone watching the Pokemon?

Very funny, Basil.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

BasilZero said:
Conegamer said:

=D Nobody watches the anime, not even I do and Ive spent hundreds of dollars on box sets for it

ktay95 said:
BasilZero said:
Conegamer said:

=D Nobody watches the anime, not even I do and Ive spent hundreds of dollars on box sets for it

I still do... Ash just got kicked by Viola

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

ktay95 said:
BasilZero said:
Conegamer said:

Eh, I watched the beginning of the X/Y season . Then I just never came back to it

In addition here is news

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/02/25/free-pokemon-x-or-y-with-3ds-or-purchasing-one-of-six-games/ 

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
ktay95 said:
BasilZero said:
Conegamer said:

Been watching the japanese version, first gym battle and rematch are very well done.  Fights are more fluid in general this season since they seem to have scrapped stock animation.  So far very good season, nothing can be worse than his time in Unova.  Worst league by a mile.

TM25 said:
lestatdark said:
ktay95 said:
BasilZero said:
Conegamer said:

Been watching the japanese version, first gym battle and rematch are very well done.  Fights are more fluid in general this season since they seem to have scrapped stock animation.  So far very good season, nothing can be worse than his time in Unova.  Worst league by a mile.

I still think the worst league is Sinnoh. Not because it had some below-average gym episodes, some were actually great, but because that amazingly stupid cop-out they made at the pokemon league for ash to lose. 

Fucking Tobias man, whomever came up with that character should be put away from any animation project. Ever.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
TM25 said:
lestatdark said:

I still think the worst league is Sinnoh. Not because it had some below-average gym episodes, some were actually great, but because that amazingly stupid cop-out they made at the pokemon league for ash to lose. 

Fucking Tobias man, whomever came up with that character should be put away from any animation project. Ever.

Only Sinnoh badges that were a let down to me were Volkner and Crasher.  Volkner especially due to the filler inbetween.

It was definitely a cop-out but I loved the Paul battle too much, though seeing the legendary pokemon was nice, and Tobias become slightly unhinged at not sweeping like he did everyone else in Sinnoh clearly showed Ash and paul as the most compitent trainers in the region.  Especially since he swept the final with Darkrai.  

Tobias probalby has a full team unlike Cameron, not that I can point to anyone in Unova as being worthy to cost Ash the League, not after how pitiful his battle with Roxie was.

TM25 said:
lestatdark said:
TM25 said:
lestatdark said:

Only Sinnoh badges that were a let down to me were Volkner and Crasher.  Volkner especially due to the filler inbetween.

It was definitely a cop-out but I loved the Paul battle too much, though seeing the legendary pokemon was nice, and Tobias become slightly unhinged at not sweeping like he did everyone else in Sinnoh clearly showed Ash and paul as the most compitent trainers in the region.  Especially since he swept the final with Darkrai.  

Tobias probalby has a full team unlike Cameron, not that I can point to anyone in Unova as being worthy to cost Ash the League, not after how pitiful his battle with Roxie was.

I actually enjoyed the Crasher Gym, his Floatzel was prety darn cool. And yeah, Volkner had a lot of filler.

Tobias should have never happened in the anime. Rarely were the legendaries shown to be with a single trainer, so one that has at least two of the most powerful legendaries is borderline ridiculous. Who was the rest of his team? Crescelia and the Lake Trio? Latias and the Weather Trio? Didn't make an ounce of sense in the context of the anime universe. 

What really pisses me off is that they had given Ash (and the fans) a glimmer of hope of ever seeing him controlling a trully unstoppable force of a pokemon with Gible and then pissing all over us when they decided Gible would never evolve on the anime. It was even worse than Larvitar being a temp poke. 

And yeah, the Cameron fight was stupid. Didn't help that "hey, let's make cameron Riolu evolve during Battle, but let's all forget that Snivy should have evolved a bajillion episodes ago".

Edit - Let me just say that technically the Unova series was probably the worst of them all in a lot of ways. It's just that personally the Sinnoh series angered me a lot for those particular reasons.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
TM25 said:
lestatdark said:
TM25 said:
lestatdark said:

I actually enjoyed the Crasher Gym, his Floatzel was prety darn cool. And yeah, Volkner had a lot of filler.

Tobias should have never happened in the anime. Rarely were the legendaries shown to be with a single trainer, so one that has at least two of the most powerful legendaries is borderline ridiculous. Who was the rest of his team? Crescelia and the Lake Trio? Latias and the Weather Trio? Didn't make an ounce of sense in the context of the anime universe. 

What really pisses me off is that they had given Ash (and the fans) a glimmer of hope of ever seeing him controlling a trully unstoppable force of a pokemon with Gible and then pissing all over us when they decided Gible would never evolve on the anime. It was even worse than Larvitar being a temp poke. 

And yeah, the Cameron fight was stupid. Didn't help that "hey, let's make cameron Riolu evolve during Battle, but let's all forget that Snivy should have evolved a bajillion episodes ago".

Gyarados was handled appalingly though.  Makes me wonder, if pokemon were real would anyone use it?  Can't battle on land too full effect and its literally sitting in a giant conductor any other time freeze or poison the water send some weak electric attack in and there you go.

Maybe, but their were enough occurences during the battle frontier that I'm probably personally just desensetized to it, though I do agree it shouldn't have happened the way it did.  Theres also enough occurences of legendary being overwhelmed and with Tobias more sinister appearance I wouldn't necessarily put it past him to be a bit underhand, Darkrai would have made captureing anu other legendary a lot easier especially the lati twins.

Gible was caught to late for me to think it would evolve, if he'd caught the first one that appeared gabite sure but not the one we got.  May's team was the biggest kick in the teeth personally and them gifting Dawn quilava, togekiss and iris a dragonite.

Snivy was the only redeemable thing about Unova and the concept of team rotation which they messed up.  Unfezant's loss to Riolu was just bull.