By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination - Sorry VGC, But Your Thread Is In Another Castle

Rate Conegamer's Reign

10 81 70.43%

9 4 3.48%

8 2 1.74%

7 3 2.61%

6 0 0%

5 1 0.87%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 1 0.87%

1 8 6.96%

Total:100

I didn't like Rayman, hated the sections where you were forced to use the gamepad (and there were many). Controls were floaty and the graphics are boring (don't confuse this with bad). I prefer 2.5D platformers.

Music sections I liked, but there was only one per world.

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
I actually wouldn't mind Rayman being in Smash. I like Rayman. I also wouldn't mind Nintendo taking that IP off of Ubi's hands since they are so incredibly half-hearted with it.

How so? The games seem to be liked by many (except me :p).

Origins and Legends I mean.

I absolutely loved Rayman Origins and Legends, but just having a Ubisoft character in the game is blasphemy. If Rayman Legends had remained Wii U exclusive, I wouldn't care as much.

I guess if it had to be any Ubi character, I'm glad it's him though.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Samus Aran said:
Nuvendil said:
I actually wouldn't mind Rayman being in Smash. I like Rayman. I also wouldn't mind Nintendo taking that IP off of Ubi's hands since they are so incredibly half-hearted with it.

How so? The games seem to be liked by many (except me :p).

Origins and Legends I mean.

It just never seems to go anywhere, hardly gets any promotion most of the time, has been innundated with meh spinoffs.  Origins and Legends were good, but hardly represent steps forward or evolutions of the franchise.  The feel a lot like Megaman 9 and 10 do to me.  They're good games, but you can tell that the company in charge intentionally chose the cheapest means of using the IP, regardless of quality (which was high).  It would be much better in the hands of company who would dedicate the resources needed to really advance the franchise. 

RolStoppable said:
Nuvendil said:

It just never seems to go anywhere, hardly gets any promotion most of the time, has been innundated with meh spinoffs.  Origins and Legends were good, but hardly represent steps forward or evolutions of the franchise.  The feel a lot like Megaman 9 and 10 do to me.  They're good games, but you can tell that the company in charge intentionally chose the cheapest means of using the IP, regardless of quality (which was high).  It would be much better in the hands of company who would dedicate the resources needed to really advance the franchise. 

If that's your reasoning, then how come that you would want Nintendo to have it? Have you forgotten how they handled their own Super Mario Bros. IP?

Super Mario does have a sense of progression from game to game, with a sense of experimentation usually from game to game.  If you wanted to try and take a potshot at Nintendo, you really should have picked something better.  Might I suggest Pokemon or Smash, which are both pretty static by nature of their structure?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Nuvendil said:

Super Mario does have a sense of progression from game to game, with a sense of experimentation usually from game to game.  If you wanted to try and take a potshot at Nintendo, you really should have picked something better.  Might I suggest Pokemon or Smash, which are both pretty static by nature of their structure?

NSMB2 reused a lot of stuff and tried to get by with the coin collecting gimmick. So in the sense of progression, it's the weakest game since the Japanese Super Mario Bros. 2 on the Famicom. NSMBU had a connected world map, a few enemy types and a challenge mode, but there was hardly anything else; same bosses and same world themes once again.

When you look at Super Mario 3D World in comparison, it's pretty clear that Nintendo isn't out of ideas for Mario games, it's just that they choose to put everything they've got into the 3D games while depriving the classic sidescrollers of the same care. Hence why "good games, but company chose cheapest route intentionally" applies to the Super Mario Bros. IP. And obviously, Super Mario Bros. is much closer to Rayman than either Pokémon or Smash Bros., so it's the most logical option for comparison.

OH New Super Mario Bros is what you're talking about.  I have always considered that a spinoff, not a continuation.  I have always viewed the Mario franchise as Super Mario Bros -> Super Mario Bros 2 -> Super Mario Bros 3 -> Super Mario World (they dropped the "bros" name here anyway) -> Super Mario 64 -> Super Mario Sunshine -> Super Mario Galaxy and Galaxy 2 -> Super Mario 3D World.  New Super Mario Bros I view as much more of a side thing.  And it's not representative of their consideration for side scrollers vs 3D games.  Look at Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.  Look at Kirby: Triple Deluxe and Return to Dreamland.  Look at Yoshi's Wooly World.  They have a number of sidescrollers they keep fresh.  And I would be interested in a 2D or a 3D Rayman.  I enjoyed the last 3D Rayman I played. 

RolStoppable said:
Nuvendil said:

OH New Super Mario Bros is what you're talking about.  I have always considered that a spinoff, not a continuation.  I have always viewed the Mario franchise as Super Mario Bros -> Super Mario Bros 2 -> Super Mario Bros 3 -> Super Mario World (they dropped the "bros" name here anyway) -> Super Mario 64 -> Super Mario Sunshine -> Super Mario Galaxy and Galaxy 2 -> Super Mario 3D World.  New Super Mario Bros I view as much more of a side thing.  And it's not representative of their consideration for side scrollers vs 3D games.  Look at Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.  Look at Kirby: Triple Deluxe and Return to Dreamland.  Look at Yoshi's Wooly World.  They have a number of sidescrollers they keep fresh.  And I would be interested in a 2D or a 3D Rayman.  I enjoyed the last 3D Rayman I played. 

Super Mario World was subtitled Super Mario Bros. 4 in Japan (or maybe it was even the full title; in either case, SMB4 was definitely in the title). Anyway...

It's pretty damning for Nintendo if they consider their bestselling 2D platformer series a side thing. But you are right, given how Nintendo behaves, they could very well give Rayman premium treatment. I am really disgusted by your post. Not because of you as a person, but because it's pretty much impossible to deny that Nintendo operates that way.

Well sorry for ruining your good mood :P

Conegamer said:
curl-6 said:

Monster Hunter 4 is mine! :D

Wow though, after playing it for just an hour, my arm aches. I'm really not used to holding the 3DS. It's so small and square.

What 3DS do you have? The original or the XL? Or even the 2DS...

New 3DS XL.

Hopefully Rayman won't be playable in smash, just as bad as Snake in my opinion. I'd rather see poor Ai Ai outside of his monkey ball and beat the crap out of Donkey and Diddy Kong.

RealGamingExpert said:
Skullwaker said:
Rayman doesn't deserve to be in Smash Bros. ...Actually, scratch that, Ubisoft doesn't deserve to be in Smash Bros.

Bayonetta, on the other hand, I would welcome with open arms.

*Ubisoft doesn't deserve to exist
They're already worse than EA imo.

Saying a publisher is worse than EA is like saying a substance is wetter than water.

Then again, Ubisoft have been so mind-blowingly awful recently...