By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 59- Phoenix Wright

I'll give this more of a think in the morning

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:
Final-Fan said:
I think we should operate on the assumption that mafia has 2 members. If there is only one, we still have a chance to get the right guy after a mislynch. If we mislynch trying to get the single mafia and it turns out there were two, town loses.

The obvious two-man mafia possibility is moreno and Linkz. There's also radish/stefl as a possibility, and moreno/radish as (IMO) a very remote possibility. Does anyone have any other two member mafia possibilities given the roleclaims out there?

Funny, I was thinking it must be a solo mafioso since no combinations make sense. Well actually your "remote possibility" is actually the only one with a fair chance, unless scum have some strange limitation such as not being able to kill.

Why no mention of a moreno/Stefl team, or me with anyone else?

My reason for suspecting you is your vote at the same time as moreno's, so that's why I only pair you with him.  As for moreno/stefl, why would I suspect that?  I guess I can't think of a reason it should be impossible. 

I get that you think solo scum is more likely, but why don't you think that my reasoning for operating under the two scum hypothesis trumps it? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I'd like to hear moreno's response to you, and then I'll explain.

Final-Fan said:
morenoingrato said:
Final-Fan said:

How do you explain the fact that you hammered Noctis with no discussion at the exact same time that Linkz voted Noctis, also with basically no discussion?

Was there anything else to do besides that? There was zero information.

It's just that I would expect town to lay out their reasons for voting a particular person before or while voting them.  Was "I have nothing better to do" really the entirety of your reasoning? 

Also, I find it a bit odd that you lied: 

morenoingrato said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
morenoingrato said:
This feels like day 1 all over again.

How come it's day 1 over again and why are you seem disappointed? Did something happened last night?

We don't have anything substancial to move on, nor did I recieve new info.

I understand, of course, that people who are cop don't want to let people know prematurely that they have information, but it seems odd to me that you would volunteer that you DIDN'T get information when in fact you did, when there wasn't much of a reason AFAIK for you to need to lie about it.

Response 1:

Yeah. I admit I just voted because there was nothing else to do at that point.

Response 2:

At that point, 1 confirmed townie (Linkz) was as good as nothing and I did not want to reveal my role.

I didn't think the first point really deserved a response given nobody else gave any reasons, and I'm okay with the second answer.

So why a two-man team is quite unlikely:
FF+anyone makes no sense, if there's no doctor than why no kill?
moreno wouldn't make sense as scum, unless radish the miller is also scum. I still believe radish is town, and his miller claim fits with his opinion on everything he's said prior too.
From my perspective that leaves Stefl&radish, but even beyond my belief that radish is town I wouldn't expect them to hold back a kill.
Lastly, I find a two-man team that doesn't include Stefl to be extremely unlikely because it could basically allow scum to win without any lynches.

Around the Network

I'm leaning Stefl as our Mafia at the moment, but the claimed role makes sure that it's not an easy decision.

Watch me on YouTube!

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Yeah, Princess in a 6 player game is pretty broken.

I feel torn.

Lynching moreno would give us a LOT of information if we were wrong.

Linkz's vanilla claim sticks out pretty sorely what with all these powers.

Stefl's claimed power would be so devastating to town it's ridiculous, but I can imagine a mod thinking that the town powers would balance it ... what do you all think? Is our mod someone who would do that?

It could also be a fake claim to not only scare off a lynch, but also get me to protect him so he can finally kill someone

Honestly, Beloved Princess in a game that only has 6 players is a thing that should not happen when there is only one protection role and no blocks etc. Sure we had 2 investigators but what good does it do to know who the mafia are if they already used the extra night to win? Would AstroGamer really do this?

If Stefl is the last mafia then the town would look like this: Doc, Cop, Watcher, Miller, Townie, Mafia. That seems like a pretty swingy game but not incredibly unbalanced. Kinda stacked against the mafia IMO but I can see someone thinking that the cop isn't so bad because it would be just as likely to get the miller as the real mafia.

If it were moreno and linkz, it would be Doc, Watcher, Mafia, Mafia, Miller, Princess. That's way too stacked against town. Two mafia and the princess and the red-herring miller? Too much for just the doc and watcher to balance when a single mislynch and kill would end the game. (Or even no lynch and princess/extra death.)

If it were moreno and radish, it would be Doc, Watcher, Mafia, Mafia, Townie, Princess. Not quite as bad as with a miller but still pretty stacked against the town IMO.

I guess what I'm boiling this down to is that if there are two mafia, Stefl is probably one of them anyway. Otherwise this game is simply too stacked against town IMO.

Do any of you guys think Astro would put B.P. in a 6 player game?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

I think going through the various combinations like that is the best way to go about this. And honestly, I think the following would be the most balanced combination:

Cop, Doc, Watcher, Princess, Miller, Mafia

Which would make Linkz the Mafia (I know this is assuming that there is just one mafia)

Watch me on YouTube!

If we lynch Stefl and he's mafia and the game doesn't end:
me(doc), moreno(cop), Linkz(town), radish(miller)

radish: Cop, doc, watcher, town, scum, scum. Very powerful town, seems unfriendly to mafia but not insanely so.

Linkz: Cop, doc, watcher, GFscum, miller, scum. Cop is worse than useless, but town still gets 2 powers. It's swingy based on who cop investigates but not too bad.

moreno: Doc, watcher, scum, scum, miller, town. The red-herring miller is back, otherwise not too bad.

Final-Fan: If I was scum we'd be the most insane mafia ever. "Let's give up 2 nightkills and lynch one of us to fake out the town!"

radishhead said:
I think going through the various combinations like that is the best way to go about this. And honestly, I think the following would be the most balanced combination:

Cop, Doc, Watcher, Princess, Miller, Mafia

Which would make Linkz the Mafia (I know this is assuming that there is just one mafia)

Remember that the cop cleared Linkz.  So he'd be a Godfather and you'd be Miller, which would mean the Cop would be literally unable to find any mafia while also getting a false positive, on top of there being a princess.  Still you're right in that it's not a completely unbalanced game; the doc could still protect and the watcher could help make sense of things.  

The problem is that this is an actual reasonable possibility that means we could be killing ourselves by lynching the Princess.  Unless I continue my hot streak of course, but that would be asking too much lol.