By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Infinity Ward CONFIRMS Ghosts on Xbox One is 720p (upscaled), 1080p on PS4

J_Allard said:
CGI-Quality said:
J_Allard said:
9087 said:
If some people don't care about 1080p, then why are you even buying a next-gen system?

The answer should be obvious to any gamer but lets see if you can get it.

If you care so much about 1080p, why are you wasting your time with consoles?

Well, while I dig that question, one of them doesn't seem to have much trouble with 1080p (in fact, two, if we count the WiiU). 

And yet PC's have no trouble with it at all.

Still irrelevant when comparing consoles......Many just want consoles not a $1000 + pc. That's what you call a strawman argument.

Around the Network

Alot of People dont want to go to PC because of convenience and price. So they go Console, Once that decision is made, PC doesnt come back into the comparison.. If one of the things on your list is which has better graphics, Then the PS4 is the option over the Xbox. PC doesn't get back into the discussion because it was ruled out for 2 reasons that would be more important the the person.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Wright said:
iamdeath said:

No , not at all. Quite the opposite. bringing up PC is nothing but a strawman arguemnt to deflect and damage control

He didn't brought PC. He said if a gamer cared so much about 1080p he shouldn't be looking at consoles. I mean, Battlefield at 900p on Ps4 should dissuade her.

On the other hand, he said the answer should be obvious to any gamer. And you provide proof to his claims: games that are not coming to PC.

That's a very huge and potential reason to own a next-gen machine, not because 1080p.

Still totally irrelevant when comparing 2 game consoles.............................

iamdeath said:

Still irrelevant when comparing consoles......Many just want consoles not a $1000 + pc. That's what you call a strawman argument.

Thanks for providing more reasons why people would buy new consoles even if they don't care about 1080p. We're on a roll.

iamdeath said:
Wright said:

He didn't brought PC. He said if a gamer cared so much about 1080p he shouldn't be looking at consoles. I mean, Battlefield at 900p on Ps4 should dissuade her.

On the other hand, he said the answer should be obvious to any gamer. And you provide proof to his claims: games that are not coming to PC.

That's a very huge and potential reason to own a next-gen machine, not because 1080p.

Still totally irrelevant when comparing 2 game consoles.............................

Games that are not coming to PC doesn't mean they come to both consoles too.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
iamdeath said:

Thanks for providing more reasons why people would buy new consoles even if they don't care about 1080p. We're on a roll.

What ever makes you sleep at night......People who only want consoles, and want the games that run best have a choice between x1 and ps4...Keep bringing up PC to deflect all you want. No one ever said they wouldnt buy a console if it never ran game sat 1080p, please post where anyone ever even said that? Changing them goal posts

many game snever come to PC, and they simply dont compete with each other

Wright said:
iamdeath said:
Wright said:

So?? most do...more then PC. Again, irrelevant argument,

iamdeath said:
Wright said:

So?? most do...more then PC. Again, irrelevant argument,

It's not irrelevant when people are buying Xbox One for Forza and the next 343i game, and buying Ps4 for Killzone and the next Naughty Dog game.

CGI-Quality said:
J_Allard said:
CGI-Quality said:
J_Allard said:

The answer should be obvious to any gamer but lets see if you can get it.

If you care so much about 1080p, why are you wasting your time with consoles?

Well, while I dig that question, one of them doesn't seem to have much trouble with 1080p (in fact, two, if we count the WiiU). 

And yet PC's have no trouble with it at all.

No argument there. Which then begs the question - is it the machines, themselves, or are devs just otping for more effects over resolution? I think we're gonna see this trade off quite a bit this gen, and this includes both consoles.

Well any time you're looking at launch games I think it's the devs and the machines. Devs aren't used to the machines, and these are all cross gen MP ports we're basing opinions on. Give IW more time with the Xbone and a next gen baseline instead of working on both current and next gen, and maybe they hit 1080p60 on Xbone. And at the same time, the PS4 version gets better as well. The gap will show eventually, haven't seen it at launch though. The exclusive stuff for both consoles looks great, it's the rest that doesn't, but thats seemingly always the case for new console launches.

iamdeath said:
J_Allard said:
iamdeath said:

What ever makes you sleep at night......People who only want consoles, and want the games that run best have a choice between x1 and ps4...Keep bringing up PC to deflect all you want. No one ever said they wouldnt buy a console if it never ran game sat 1080p, please post where anyone ever even said that? Changing them goal posts

many game snever come to PC, and they simply dont compete with each other

I think you mean to say "whatever helps you sleep at night". Hope that helps.

Your reply to this is just, I am sorry, downright retarded. Ok, so lets just say we're dealing with a gamer who has completely ruled out the PC. It's entirely out of the realm of possibility. Cool. But now they are not only just a gamer, they are a gamer who only wants "games that run best". Ok. Then they would go for the most powerful console. Unfortunately for you and your backpedaling response, that wasn't the question posed to us.

We were simply asked why someone who doesn't care about 1080p would ever even buy a new console. I bolded the answer for you in your own words right there. I gave you way too much benefit of the doubt and assumed you would get it but you simply did not. The answer is people buy consoles for games.

"many games never come to PC". Well guess what, genius. I cannot play Forza, Ryse, KI, Dead Rising, or any other exclusives on a PS4 or a last gen console. So to play those games, I'd need an Xbox One.

You're welcome.