By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - American Next-Gen Software Sales: The Chart! (Jan-Apr)

when considering if dev's should or shouldn't dev for the wii, they aren't looking at one territories sales, they are looking at worldwide sales. If you were to make this chart for worldwide then you would see a much better reason to dev for the wii rather than the 360.

Around the Network

thought u stopped posting LOL short period

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Kwaad said:
mrstickball said:
Again, as I stated: The Wii hasn't sold anymore software than the 360 did in the same January-April timeframe if you just counted LTDs upto this point. The 360 sold around 4.7m units last year versus the Wiis 4.5m (not including Wii Sports). This is kind of suprising, since the Wii outsold the X360 by around 1 million units by this time. So.......That means the Wii has about a 5:3 ratio in terms of hardware, but only a 1:1 ratio in terms of software.

Be careful. Your angering the mob. Thei'll say your trolling and get you banned or something. XD

Seriously, This is funny, and one of the reasons I say what I say about me being curious about the Wii. The hardware is moving amazing numbers... The software is not, and what is moving is all nintendo and 2 3rd party games. Basically a total of 5 games on the Wii are selling decently. 

As opposed to what, 1 First party game on the PS3?

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

wii_are_better_than_ said:
when considering if dev's should or shouldn't dev for the wii, they aren't looking at one territories sales, they are looking at worldwide sales. If you were to make this chart for worldwide then you would see a much better reason to dev for the wii rather than the 360.

Games are made for specific markets and not all of them. Becuase of that, it does make a diffrence what sells in what territories. An example, if there was an FPS for the Wii that sold horrible in Japan, bad in America, and horrible in Europe... Yet the port to the 360 sold 1/2 in japan, 4x in america, and 2x in europe... That means that america is the biggest market for it, and Europe is the 2nd biggest market. Meaning it should be devoloped for an american release, and american taste, with very little to no intrest in japanese culture.

Because of that, that is why a single market is very imporant.

EDIT:

Quantum-Tarantino - Bait found, and not taken. Stop baiting me.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

There's a difference between a $10 game and a free game. So Wii Play needs to be counted whatever you think of Wii Sports. (I'm in the UK so might have numbers wrong. If Wii Play is the SAME price as a solo remote, then that's different. I'm assuming it's 410 more. )

Around the Network
Quantum-Tarantino said:
Kwaad said:
mrstickball said:
Again, as I stated: The Wii hasn't sold anymore software than the 360 did in the same January-April timeframe if you just counted LTDs upto this point. The 360 sold around 4.7m units last year versus the Wiis 4.5m (not including Wii Sports). This is kind of suprising, since the Wii outsold the X360 by around 1 million units by this time. So.......That means the Wii has about a 5:3 ratio in terms of hardware, but only a 1:1 ratio in terms of software.

Be careful. Your angering the mob. Thei'll say your trolling and get you banned or something. XD

Seriously, This is funny, and one of the reasons I say what I say about me being curious about the Wii. The hardware is moving amazing numbers... The software is not, and what is moving is all nintendo and 2 3rd party games. Basically a total of 5 games on the Wii are selling decently. 

As opposed to what, 1 First party game on the PS3?

I don't like to say that Quantum-Tarantino, but since you were one of the loudest to complain about the sinking level of discussions on this site you really shouldn't try to argue with kwaad all the time, this is exactly the kind of post which starts a troll fest.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

There is no argument there, it was a rebuttle.

He states that 5 Wii games are "selling", equating that with poor sales. Yet he also states that the PS3 is not a poor seller, despite it only havign 1 title that is even a remote seller.

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

of course, I never said that his argument was right. but you were counterattacking him instead of proving his argument wrong.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Updated charts.......I added the sales of the 360 monthly in the mix, and the top 20 next-gen titles upto that point in their lifespans. However, DOA 4 and Condemned probably were on that list, but I don't have any actual data for them. Both should of been around 250k with Motorstorm and SPM at that time.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

360 did very well at selling software, and that continues until now i agree witht that, but taking out Wii Sports isn't really fair either. We all know third parties in particular are selling better on 360 than any other console.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X