By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Component Cables: Suggestions?

i'd get the Ninty brand cause I feel more secure knowing they're gonna work

Around the Network
Sky Render said:
I personally suggest you get your cables from Monoprice.com, as they offer better prices than Amazon. I've had zero quality issues with the cables I have ordered from them, and the discount can be quite significant at times, so it seems worthwhile to mention them.

Thanks for the reminder! I forgot about monoprice. I think I'll check that out.

Thanks everybody. 

Garcian Smith said:
Keep in mind that component cables transmit an analog signal, so you'll want to go for at least decent ones.

Really?  Shows how little I know about digital/analog cables/signals.

Still my $7 cables work great and i've compared them with legit cables and didn't notice a difference so maybe I got lucky... 

azrm2k said:
I use crappy generic 3rd party cables and they work just as well. Digital is digital. You don't need to spend $45 on Monster cables.

Component cables are analog, if you experience signal loss or are going for large lengths better quality is HIGHLY recommended.

azrm2k, after you made such a mistake as saying that component signal is digital, one would think that you'd stop pretending that you know what you're talking about.

Just stop already, you're misinforming everyone.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

souixan I admitted how wrong I was in the post right above you.

NJ5 I fully admitted I didn't know about component cables. Go back and read that.

"Shows how little I know"

Maybe you're referring to my own situation which I wrote that I got decent cables cheap but hey that's the truth. Like I said I clearly don't know about digital/analog cables as that's not an interest of mine at all. But i'm not gonna lie and say my cheap cables work horribly.

get the Nintendo brand there the best don't go with third party cables trust me.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99