By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ruffian working on 1080p 60 fps Xbox One FPS Demo, uses UE4.

Stolen from GAF, so sue me :P

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=704065

Originally Posted by LinkedIn

Lead Programmer
Ruffian Games

Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Computer Games industry

January 2011 – Present (2 years 10 months)

March 2013 - Present
Technical lead on an FPS tech demo for Microsoft Games Platform Team driven by the goals of game play at a constant 60 fps at 1080p whilst using Kinect 2.0 in a game augmenting fashion.

November 2012 - March 2013
Code lead on unannounced next-gen project using Unreal Engine 4.

March 2012 - November 2012
Technical lead on internal prototyping for several projects using CryEngine 3 and Unity.

Jan 2011- March 2012
Technical lead on Nike+ Kinect Training. This was an Xbox 360 exclusive using the CryEngine 3. My team was focused on mini-games, networking, optimization and render technology.

Around the Network

I'm never really particularly interested in tech demos, unless it's something turns out to actually be directly tied to a game. Even then it can be disappointing when the game seems to fall way short of the tech demo. See Deep Down for reference.

lies people say there are no 1080p games on the xbox one

Boo. I want Crackdown!!!

It's just that simple.

GAF are saying maybe this is the demo.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/11/4421458/microsoft-demonstrates-the-subtle-uses-of-xbox-one-kinect-in-a-shooter

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Angelus said:
I'm never really particularly interested in tech demos, unless it's something turns out to actually be directly tied to a game. Even then it can be disappointing when the game seems to fall way short of the tech demo. See Deep Down for reference.

You just had to needlessly bring a Sony title into the convo (especially one far from release).

OT: Anyway, this could be something interesting. Definitely keeping an eye!

Has nothing to do with being a PS4 title. It's just the first thing that came to mind because it's still pretty fresh. It's still a game I'm curious about. Don't see why you're taking issue with me on this(?)

Since the whole COD:Ghost business there must have been three or four threads about xbone 1080p fps games. Not one about a PS4 one.

Even a demo 1080@60 on the xbone is news.

Why?? This is a new gen. 1080@60 shouldn't be news.

justinian said:

Since the whole COD:Ghost business there must have been three or four threads about xbone 1080p fps games. Not one about a PS4 one.

A demo maybe already out and showed at E3

justinian said:

Because forum fanboys are driving what passes for news in the gaming industry in many circles.  

I remember seeing someone acting the same about 48fps movies and how unwatchable 24fps movies are to them.  Seriously???

Angelus said:

i dont think you understand the difference between a tech demo and target render.