By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - List of compatible PS3 games for the Dualshock 4

I think I might buy one!

PS1 Games
Call of Duty (MW2, MW3, Black Ops, Black Ops 2)
Castle Crashers
Portal 2
Far Cry 2
The Last of Us
LittleBigPlanet/LittleBigPlanet 2
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Heavy Rain (no motion sensing)
Uncharted 1/2/3
Red Dead Redemption
Infamous + Infamous 2
Resistance 2 (had to use a DS3 to get past the start screen, but DS4 worked fine after that)
Killzone 3
Dead Space
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Motorstorm (Apocalypse, Pacific Rift)
Tomb Raider
Prototype
Skyrim
Dark Souls
Battlefield 3
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Final Fantasy XIV
Super Stardust HD
Diablo 3
Bioshock: Infinite
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

That's not very much, but it covers my favourites and games I come back to, so I will definitely one it.
Still, hoping the list will get longer.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

eFKac said:
That's not very much, but it covers my favourites and games I come back to, so I will definitely one it.

I don't see why it shouldn't get longer. What are the technical details that prevents all games to be played with DS4?

can anyone confirm if tales of graces f and tales of xillia work with the DS4?

walsufnir said:
eFKac said:

I don't see why it shouldn't get longer. What are the technical details that prevents all games to be played with DS4?

That's exactly what I wonder as well. It should at least work like a traditional usb controller. But since it doesn't for whatever reason, then I don't know.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

Wait, this is news to me. Does this mean the PS3 recognises the DS4? Do I need to do something or is it just like with the DS3?

If that's the case I will get a DS4 early. I'm not getting a PS4 until March or so, but I will buy an extra controller for sure so I may as well get it now and give it a try.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Troll_Whisperer said:
Wait, this is news to me. Does this mean the PS3 recognises the DS4? Do I need to do something or is it just like with the DS3?

If that's the case I will get a DS4 early. I'm not getting a PS4 until March or so, but I will buy an extra controller for sure so I may as well get it now and give it a try.

It just recognises the DS4. You do not have to do anything for it to work but you do have to have it plugged in and it's not compatible with all PS3 games (although the list I posted is only a small number of games people have actually tried)

The PS5 Exists. 

walsufnir said:
eFKac said:

these is the official list of compatibale games. The PS4 controller would just act like any 3rd party controller when connected to the PS3. for example, i played GoW:A and CoD with my PS2 controller and had no trouble what so ever.

GribbleGrunger said:
Troll_Whisperer said:

It just recognises the DS4. You do not have to do anything for it to work but you do have to have it plugged in and it's not compatible with all PS3 games (although the list I posted is only a small number of games people have actually tried)

I'm playing Castle Crashers atm and as I said I was gonna get an extra controller anyway, so I'll go for it. Thanks!

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

bananaking21 said:
walsufnir said:
eFKac said:

these is the official list of compatibale games. The PS4 controller would just act like any 3rd party controller when connected to the PS3. for example, i played GoW:A and CoD with my PS2 controller and had no trouble what so ever.

Yeah, sure, but I wonder why it is only so small. But I guess it will most probably work with almost any game. Any details of only wired?