By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - An Unbiased Review: Pokemon XY

Wright said:

Great review, Jay. The fact that you briefly explained Pokemon throughout the years was also a nice touch ;)

The positive/negative thing is a great way of summarizing yourself! I'd suggest to put the negative's first, then the positive ones. That way you tend to create a "better" impression whenever the game is superb as you say.

Ill keep that in mind.  I know a lot of people dont read the reviews so I though having the analysis paired with the positive/negative might help a little bit :)

Around the Network

Didn't read full post just looked at bottom positive/negative thing.

You can do 6 vs. 6. I have done plenty of 6 vs. 6 battles online. So what is that negative? Or what do you mean by random?

THe difficulty setting is something that you do yourself. If you grind your characters they are too strong and its easy. If you want it to be harder just switch pokemon. Don't use super effective pokemon, ect. I mean what would you expect if you went into a grass gym with a fire pokemon. Obviously you will own. Use something that isn't super effective or if you realy want a challenge use something that grass is super effective against. Or just use fire pokemon that are lower levels.

I'm fine with monster quantity. 70 is plenty and add in mega's as well. Can't really forget there are like 700 to begin with. That's a lot of choice.

Finally have to agree partially on no 3d effect. I dont' mind no 3d for overworld, actually thought that is good idea, not needed. I am dissapointed though on no 3d for any battles larger than 1 vs. 1. Any doubles battle, tripple battle or hord battle are all in 2d.

irstupid said:
Didn't read full post just looked at bottom positive/negative thing.

You can do 6 vs. 6. I have done plenty of 6 vs. 6 battles online. So what is that negative? Or what do you mean by random?

I was talking about random battles.  I have done 6vs6 in custom matches with my friends though :)

wfz said:
You had no emotional drive to catch them all?!

This was the first Pokemon game (and I've played them all) where I actually emotionally felt driven to do so.

:P

i did more so than the older games xD  But still i dont catch everything as it gets tedious -_-

strange scoring system tbh :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Roma said:
strange scoring system tbh :P

That's ok.  Gotta be a little strange every once an a while haha :D