By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IF Capcom Goes Under Where Do You Want Their Franchises To Go?

JWeinCom said:
think-man said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
think-man said:
ListerOfSmeg said:

The only one I dont agree with is DMC to Sony. We would see 9 DMCs over the next 6 years til people tired of it then it would be left for dead. They make good games but they also oversaturate the market with them. Killzone is slowly falling and its not because of a lack of quality. Its just too many games in too little time.

Name me one game that Sony has made 9 of in 6 years? There has been 6 Killzones in 9 years and only 4 in the main series that hasn't got shit on half the franchises out there. Assassins Creed anyone? 10 games in 6 years? Halo 9 in 12 years. These are common thrends Sony doesn't do it anymore than others so don't try spin that rubbish.

Neither Ubisoft or MS were mentioned. Dont get angry. Just accept an opinion that doesnt match your own. The only one trying to spin things is you out of anger. Rather than accept a valid critizism you are trying to put it off on other companies. Had anyone mention Ubisoft, MS or even Activision my reply would have been the same. Would yours?

I would accept it if you could answer my question. But you can't because its not true. I mentioned other companies that have done what you have said, Sony was not one of them. So how about you stop dodging and back up your opinion with some evidance?

Well... From 2005-2013 there have been 8 GOW games.  That's not including collections.  Counting three collections, you get 10 in 8 years. 

Including Karting, we've had 5 LBP games since 2008.  So 5 in 5 years. 

Uncharted has seen 5 games over 5 years including Fight for Fortune.

Infamous will see its 3rd entry in just over 4 years.

Once Into the Nexus hits, we'll have had 9 Ratchet and Clank games (including collections) since 2007.  So, there you go.  9 in 6 years.  Don't know why Sony felt the need to make so many Ratchet games, but there you have it.

They're certainly not as bad as other companies, but Sony definitely isn't afraid to produce a lot of sequels in quick succession when they think it will make them money.  They're trending towards yearly releases, but they're probably held back by the fact that their franchises don't have the strong fanbases to make that sustainable. 

So even then it doesnt count since the collection is the same game with trophy and higher resolution and Size matters is closer to 7 years old once nexus comes out like we are doing with Ratchet. If we counted every game that had mario in it or used the mario name it would be surely over 20, my point was he was attacking KZ when 6 KZ in 9 years is not bad considering 2 of those 6 came out this year.

Around the Network
think-man said:
JWeinCom said:
think-man said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
think-man said:
ListerOfSmeg said:

The only one I dont agree with is DMC to Sony. We would see 9 DMCs over the next 6 years til people tired of it then it would be left for dead. They make good games but they also oversaturate the market with them. Killzone is slowly falling and its not because of a lack of quality. Its just too many games in too little time.

Name me one game that Sony has made 9 of in 6 years? There has been 6 Killzones in 9 years and only 4 in the main series that hasn't got shit on half the franchises out there. Assassins Creed anyone? 10 games in 6 years? Halo 9 in 12 years. These are common thrends Sony doesn't do it anymore than others so don't try spin that rubbish.

Neither Ubisoft or MS were mentioned. Dont get angry. Just accept an opinion that doesnt match your own. The only one trying to spin things is you out of anger. Rather than accept a valid critizism you are trying to put it off on other companies. Had anyone mention Ubisoft, MS or even Activision my reply would have been the same. Would yours?

I would accept it if you could answer my question. But you can't because its not true. I mentioned other companies that have done what you have said, Sony was not one of them. So how about you stop dodging and back up your opinion with some evidance?

Well... From 2005-2013 there have been 8 GOW games.  That's not including collections.  Counting three collections, you get 10 in 8 years. 

Once Into the Nexus hits, we'll have had 9 Ratchet and Clank games (including collections) since 2007.  So, there you go.  9 in 6 years.  Don't know why Sony felt the need to make so many Ratchet games, but there you have it.

They're certainly not as bad as other companies, but Sony definitely isn't afraid to produce a lot of sequels in quick succession when they think it will make them money.  They're trending towards yearly releases, but they're probably held back by the fact that their franchises don't have the strong fanbases to make that sustainable. 

So even then it doesnt count since the collection is the same game with trophy and higher resolution and Size matters is closer to 7 years old once nexus comes out like we are doing with Ratchet. If we counted every game that had mario in it or used the mario name it would be surely over 20, my point was he was attacking KZ when 6 KZ in 9 years is not bad considering 2 of those 6 came out this year.

"Name me one game that Sony has made 9 of in 6 years?"  So I guess you brought the argument back to Killzone when I answered that?

You asked for a game that has had 9 entries in 6 years.  Ratchet and Clank.  There you go.  Put as many asterisks as you want on it. Size matters was actually ported to the PS2, so you can make an argument for 10 SKUs in 7 years, or 7.5 or whatever if that makes a big difference.  Still a lot of releases.  Sony has a lot of franchises that are basically yearly. 

Nobody said anything about Mario, but on the subject, Nintendo makes a lot of Mario games, cause Nintendo likes money.  You can be sure that if Sony had a game with that kind of appeal they would be working the franchise just as hard, if not harder based on their use of other franchises.  Also, the Ratchet and Clank games don't really tend to be spin offs.  For the most part (maybe with the exception of all 4 one) they use similar gameplay and mechanics.

Point is that Sony likes making sequels as much as any other company.  Even if the comments were a slight exaggeration, when Sony feels they have a hit on their hand they're not afraid to produce lots of them in a short time. 

JWeinCom said:
think-man said:
JWeinCom said:
think-man said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
think-man said:
ListerOfSmeg said:

"Name me one game that Sony has made 9 of in 6 years?"  So I guess you brought the argument back to Killzone when I answered that?

You asked for a game that has had 9 entries in 6 years.  Ratchet and Clank.  There you go.  Put as many asterisks as you want on it. Size matters was actually ported to the PS2, so you can make an argument for 10 SKUs in 7 years, or 7.5 or whatever if that makes a big difference.  Still a lot of releases.  Sony has a lot of franchises that are basically yearly. 

Nobody said anything about Mario, but on the subject, Nintendo makes a lot of Mario games, cause Nintendo likes money.  You can be sure that if Sony had a game with that kind of appeal they would be working the franchise just as hard, if not harder based on their use of other franchises.  Also, the Ratchet and Clank games don't really tend to be spin offs.  For the most part (maybe with the exception of all 4 one) they use similar gameplay and mechanics.

Point is that Sony likes making sequels as much as any other company.  Even if the comments were a slight exaggeration, when Sony feels they have a hit on their hand they're not afraid to produce lots of them in a short time. 

I said made actually. To mention the collections is grasping at straws, they re released those games in the last 6 years, they didn't make them in the last 6 years.

think-man said:
JWeinCom said:
think-man said:
JWeinCom said:
think-man said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
think-man said:
ListerOfSmeg said:

I said made actually. To mention the collections is grasping at straws, they re released those games in the last 6 years, they didn't make them in the last 6 years.

Since you want to get into semantic arguments,  yeah they made the games.  They coded it, they had designers worked on it, they devoted resources to it, put it into a box, designed box art, marketed it (theoretically), shipped it, and so on.  Yes, they made these games.  If they didn't make these games, then they wouldn't exist.  They made these games to draw more money out of a franchise, which is pretty much what this whole thing was about.

monster hunter to square enix... oh wait.... yeah... nevermind...

Around the Network

I don't want to live in a world where Capcom doesn't exist. I grew up on games like Mega Man, Street Fighter, Ghosts 'n Goblins, and Resident Evil. If they go away I would be a very sad panda.

Oh and Ducktales. Capcom is important to the industry. I seriously hope Capcom doesn't go the way of THQ.

JWeinCom said:

Since you want to get into semantic arguments,  yeah they made the games.  They coded it, they had designers worked on it, they devoted resources to it, put it into a box, designed box art, marketed it (theoretically), shipped it, and so on.  Yes, they made these games.  If they didn't make these games, then they wouldn't exist.  They made these games to draw more money out of a franchise, which is pretty much what this whole thing was about.

If you are counting it like that then guess we better count all the psp as seperate and the vita one aswell? Then we also better get rid of Tools of destruction cause its techically more than 6 years old having first released in October 2007. This is just stupid,  you can't go counting old ports who the heck does that lol Maybe I should have wrote it differently, If you look at the other titles I used as an example e.i Killzone or Assassins creed you will find that I did not include collections or hd remakes even though they both have them, but including them is just pathetic lol 

The end - Lets agree to disagree, unless you have another franchise.

think-man said:
JWeinCom said:

If you are counting it like that then guess we better count all the psp as seperate and the vita one aswell? Then we also better get rid of Tools of destruction cause its techically more than 6 years old having first released in October 2007. This is just stupid,  except your wrong. you can't go counting old ports who the heck does that lol Maybe I should have wrote it in a more basic way so you would have understood it easier, If you look at the other titles I used as an example e.i Killzone or Assassins creed you will find that I did not include collections or hd remakes even though they both have them, but including them is just pathetic lol 

The end, unless you have another franchise.

Hmmmmmm... I see you were so eager for a response to this that you made s point of it in your signature.  I can also see why the original poster did not want to engage in the conversation.  This post is simply condescending, insulting, and obnoxious, so I'm out.  Count your games however you like.

My favorite gaming platform/company.