By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I wish Nintendo didn't own the rights to the Pokemon IP

You are really trying too hard op.

Around the Network

My only gripe with the series is I wish they tried something different with the story.

I grew out of Pokemon since I was 14, it's sad seeing 20 something's like myself buying this just my opinion!

They don't own the IP but they do own a minority stake in GameFreak who happens to develop the Pokemon games. The fact that Pokemon isn't more "hardcore" or in HD on the WiiU or anything else is not a choice made by Nintendo but by Gamefreak.

if you can't stand it then don't play 10 hours of it next time.

Because you play "mature" games? good for you Mr high and mighty

Around the Network

Me personally, I wish people would put a little more finesse and cleverness into their joke threads.

Lyrikalstylez said:
I grew out of Pokemon since I was 14, it's sad seeing 20 something's like myself buying this just my opinion!

In the end it's a turn based rpg with a lot of depth. Sad is a little bit wrong here. If you are afraid of other people opinions of you if you play a game like that it's not our problem.

I think in some ways you are right. They could expand Pokemon into new areas (like a darker MMO), but without losing the standard games. There could be room for multiple adaptations, much like they do with superheroes like Batman.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

ps3-sales! said:

Just played a good 10 hours of Pokemon X on my cousins 3DS over the past couple days. I can't stand it. Honestly. It feels like more of the exact same formula I've been playing for 12+ years. It even seems MORE childish than ever. I get that they want the game to appeal to everyone, but what about the gamers that grew up with the franchise? When is Nintendo going to cater to those (now older) gamers?

I'm not saying make this hardcore Pokemon game. But I feel like a little girl playing the game now. It's sad really. Pokemon used to be hands down the best portable game available in my opinion.

Maybe they can make a good Wii U pokemon game. Or an MMO style Pokemon game. Something that doesn't involve dressing up my little pink and cute monsters or entering them into a fashion show.

Thoughts on the current status of the Pokemon games?

NOTE: This does not reflect the sales of the game, as X/Y will easily move 10+ million copies. However, how many of those will be people that grew up with it, rather than the current gen of 5-12 year old gamers?

While the target market hasnt changed you sure have changed. Pokemon is same as previous one because they were catered for that target market. Time to move on other gaming franchise.

Podings said:
>It even seems MORE childish than ever

Probably because you're older than you've ever been.

Perfect example why VG Charts NEEDS a "Like" button. great comment my man.