By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - nVidia announces the GTX 780 Ti

ethomaz said:

I saw some rumor...

NVIDIA Maxwell GM100:

The NVIDIA Maxwell GM100 chip would consist of 8 GPCs consisting of 24 SMX modules (3 SMX Per GPC), 384 TMUs, 6144 Cuda Cores, 8 MB of L3 Cache (8 L2 cache’s per GPC), 64 ROPs, a 512-bit interface followed by a VRAM upto 8 GB GDDR5 operation at around 6 GHz. The GM100 is supposed to replace the high-performance GK110 chip so its going to end up in both GeForce parts and Tesla parts. It will probably show up in the Tesla parts first before shipping to consumers.

Clock frequencies would be maintained at different levels for each product tier as listed below:
GeForce GM100: 930 MHz Core / 1 GHz Boost
Tesla GM100: 850 MHz (2.61 TFlops DP)

Read more: http://wccftech.com/alleged-nvidia-maxwell-architectural-specifications-unveiled-project-denver-maxwell-refresh/#ixzz2iWNfZ11a

So that will be Nvidia's new $1000 card?

I'll wait to see how is the rest of the range.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

The 290X destroys the Titan. Have fun with your 780 Ti LOL!

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-r9-290x-hawaii-review,3650-35.html

CGI-Quality said:
Captain_Tom said:

Talk about exaggeration. Even the review made it very subtle saying the 290x takes a minor win "in a number of cases". It doesn't, however, completely top the card, since the Titan beats it at many things too.

I'm guessing your comment was meant for Pemalite, but you certainly made it seem like something that it really isn't at all.

I don't know what review you read, but a $550 card beating a $1000 by ~16% in BF3 is an absolute thrashing...

crissindahouse said:
petroleo said:
So what games I can prove this card power ? besides Crysis 3 and BF4 cause this game doesn't interest me.

well, like cgi said, we don't even know the power of it but even already released games can be very demanding if you play them with a high resolution, highest possible settings and want to reach let's say constant 60fps. 

not to talk about the games releasing as example next year. the witcher 3 and so on...

but it's obviously not a card for everyone.

Erm, not really. The 770 already plays BF4 at a solid 60 fps, and that is the most modern and demanding game on the market. As it stands, thins generation of gpu's is looking to already be way ahead of this new generation of games.

CGI-Quality said:
Captain_Tom said:

Talk about exaggeration. Even the review made it very subtle saying the 290x takes a minor win "in a number of cases". It doesn't, however, completely top the card, since the Titan beats it at many things too.

I'm guessing your comment was meant for Pemalite, but you certainly made it seem like something that it really isn't at all.

Kicks arse at higher resolutions like 4K

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
zarx said:
CGI-Quality said:
Captain_Tom said:

Kicks arse at higher resolutions like 4K

Yeah, the 4K area is the one place it does top the Titan. No arguments there.

Well it still beats it at 1600p as well, and honestly if you are using a Titan for anything less than that, you are wasting money.  My 7970 OC'd still maxes out absolutely every game at 60 FPS in 1080p...

It's just my opinion, but even in 1080p it still trades blows for half the price.  I wish I could underline that like 5 more times.

Time to upgrade from that Titan.

The R9 290X dominates at high levels of resolutions, seems my decision has been made. :)

Also, they are cheap! Only $650 each here in Aus.
Interested to see how well that memory overclocks, being 5ghz GDDR5 rather than 6Ghz.

Battlefield 4/All Frostbite games should take a massive jump too once Mantle is in full swing.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

CGI-Quality said:
HikenNoAce said:

For a card that it goes toe-to-toe with? No thanks. SLI works better. ;)

Nvidia says it's more powerful, right?

HikenNoAce said:
CGI-Quality said:
HikenNoAce said:

For a card that it goes toe-to-toe with? No thanks. SLI works better. ;)

Nvidia says it's more powerful, right?

Why would anyone upgrade from a Titan? It would be a side-grade. Aka. Waste of money.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--