By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MICROSOFT QTR 1 (FY'14): $5.24bn profit on $18.53bn rev. 360: 1.2m. Results crush expectations...Shares jump 6% in after hours.

Tagged games:

tagged.

Around the Network

Nice, so a nice bump to be expected.

I want this to appear in my topic list.

Tagged

This quarter should be roughly flat or slightly down compared to last quarter right?

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
This quarter should be roughly flat or slightly down compared to last quarter right?

Could be anything. MS NPD says they hit 80 this month, but that's within a quote talking about September. Which would mean they shipped 1.8m+ which is up YoY!

Don't put it past microsft to twist words tho, they could be adding the first couple weeks of shipments for October.

Good sign is it's unlikely they shipped that many in that period (if they're including it in the 80m figure) so shipments should be good.

Nice. Curious about the numbers.

kowenicki said:
yo_john117 said:

well it depends what you are referring to?

General revenue amount and profit margin. 

@ Seece, that's true. Actually considering GTA V came out during this quarter they could be looking at a very slight bump in profits and revenue (again, very slight compared to the total amount they pull in).

kowenicki said:
yo_john117 said:
kowenicki said:

well it depends what you are referring to?

General revenue amount and profit margin. 

@ Seece, that's true. Actually considering GTA V came out during this quarter they could be looking at a very slight bump in profits and revenue (again, very slight compared to the total amount they pull in).

in that case.  an increase is the forecast.

What's looking to be the cause of this possible increase in revenues and profits?

Kowen, I only keep yearly profit/losses on EDD, I know it's changing but do you know what the EDD did this Q last year? It's usually a decent profit if I remember.