By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox Live, PSN, Online MMO's - Will Be Officially Tracked by NPD

ZOMG This is awesome!

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
ZOMG This is awesome!

zomg they will be horridly off by miles

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

BenKenobi88 said:
I'm confused...I must be stupid with numbers and economics...why shouldn't Valve tell everyone how much money they're making? Or how many digital distribution sales they've made? How could that harm them? I must not be thinking things through.

Lets say I was a millionaire and wanted to start an company similar to Valve. I would probably spend a couple of tens thousands of dollars doing research to see what the market is like, is it worth it, what kind of prices and membership would I need, etc. I would love for a company like Valve to give me pieces of the puzzle. The fact that they're doing things right would make that info even more valuable.

Now why would Valve make it easy on me or any other competitor by telling everyone their numbers?

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

madskillz said:
Yeah. I know one thing - I've never paid more than $30 a year for LIVE.

Yea you're lucky.  When I first got my subscription it was $60 a year.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Hehe.

VGChartz.com's Xbox Live Arcade download info is based on nearly 2 million users versus NPD's thousand(s). I don't really think that NPD's extrapolation by using a few thousand consumers could really equate to a few million purchaser base.

Very, very humorous.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Hehe.

VGChartz.com's Xbox Live Arcade download info is based on nearly 2 million users versus NPD's thousand(s).

Very, very humorous.

I laugh if they just copied your numbers...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Or if my numbers are way too close to theirs. If that's the case, we/I can sue them or threaten them with legal action to get sweet revenge for what NPD did to ioi a few months back :)

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Hehe.

VGChartz.com's Xbox Live Arcade download info is based on nearly 2 million users versus NPD's thousand(s). I don't really think that NPD's extrapolation by using a few thousand consumers could really equate to a few million purchaser base.

Very, very humorous.

Is that right?  So like 1 in 5 XBL users?

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick