By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CBOAT strikes again: Says not to expect 1080p in Xbox One

DJEVOLVE said:

Is that you Cboat? LOL

Hey eveyone it's Cboat. LOL

You can check his leaks... it is public.

Somethings people read in the wrong way or he didn't said that... for example the downclock was other GAFer and not CBOAT.

The latest CBOAT prediction before these new one was about the delay in some countries... on spot.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Here are Cboats latest "leaks":

Prior GamesCom / TGS:

PS4 will launch in late October FALSE
Xbox One SKU without Kinect in March / April 2014 MAYBE
Exclusive Xbox One title made by Platinum Games to be shown MAYBE
Microsoft will talk about DRM at GamesCom. There will never be a "rental" strategy. MAYBE 
DRM plans are actually worse than what they've [MS] stated. MAYBE 

Prior E3:

Mirror's Edge 2 at MS conference. TRUE (EA conference)
Prince of Persia (reboot?) at MS conference. TRUE (he saw Halo trailer and said something like PoP)
Dead Rising 3, and exclusive DLC for another Capcom game at MS conference. TRUE
No online paywall for PS4. Unconfirmed. He never said that lol... he said he didn't have certain.
 No DRM info for PS4. TRUE

Somewhere in between:

Xbox One will see a downclocking FALSE NEVER SAID THAT

Fixed for accuracy.

Only PS4 date was false.

Not sure if serious...

Cboat: "Mirrors Edge 2 will be at Microsofts E3 press conference".
Reality: There was no Mirrors Edge 2 at Microsofts E3 press conference.
ethomaz: Cboat was right, because Mirrors Edge 2 was at EAs E3 press conference.

Cboat: "MS will talk about DRM at GamesCom. DRM will be there, there is no rental strategy"
Reality: MS totally kills the DRM even before GamesCom takes place. There is no DRM on Xbox One.
ethomaz: Maybe he was right.

Cboat: "MS DRM strategy is even worse than we know so far!"
Reality: MS totally kills the DRM strategy just a few weeks later
ethomaz: Maybe he was right

Cboat: "Prince of Persia will be shown at MS E3 press conference!"
Reality: "Prince of Persia was not shown at MS E3 press conference. It was not even shown at all - even months after E3.
ethomaz: Cboat was right, because he saw a Halo trailer (WTF!)

Seriously ethomaz?

Face it, his predictions for the last 2 months and the 3 major gaming conventions (E3, GamesCom, TGS) were even worse than the ones from MikeB back in 2009. And that is what this guy is doing. He makes predictions, not leaks.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

D-Joe said:
GribbleGrunger said:
D-Joe said:
ethomaz said:

GribbleGrunger said:

LOL. He had the X1 for a YEAR!

I just read that he had a retail Xbone before MS even start the production lol

He never said it's retail one

Then how can he use a year old console to disprove CBOAT about the problems from overclocking retail consoles?

Because he can keep get the update version of the console?

What? How does getting a console regularly replaced prove that CBOAT's claim of overclock problems is wrong?

The PS5 Exists. 

DirtyP2002 said:
ethomaz said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Prior GamesCom / TGS:

Microsoft will talk about DRM at GamesCom. There will never be a "rental" strategy. MAYBE 

Prior E3:

Prince of Persia (reboot?) at MS conference. TRUE (he saw Halo trailer and said something like PoP)
No online paywall for PS4. Unconfirmed. He never said that lol... he said he didn't have certain.

Somewhere in between:

Fixed for accuracy.

Only PS4 date was false.

Not sure if serious...

ethomaz: Cboat was right, because Mirrors Edge 2 was at EAs E3 press conference.

Cboat: "MS will talk about DRM at GamesCom. DRM will be there, there is no rental strategy"
Reality: MS totally kills the DRM even before GamesCom takes place. There is no DRM on Xbox One.

Reality: "Prince of Persia was not shown at MS E3 press conference. It was not even shown at all - even months after E3.

Seriously ethomaz?

Face it, his predictions for the last 2 months and the 3 major gaming conventions (E3, GamesCom, TGS) were even worse than the ones from MikeB back in 2009. And that is what this guy is doing. He makes predictions, not leaks.

LOL I am starting to see how cboat is supposedly "right 99% of the time".

DirtyP2002 said:

Not sure if serious...

Seriously ethomaz?

I'm serious...

- He saw the Mirror Edge 2 trailer reveal and supposed it was at MS conference, the reveal was at E3 conference... big deal? He was right... just the place was wrong... RIGHT (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=62291087)

- DRM... he said the DRM was even worst than what MS reveled at E3... they chanced everything with Xbox 180... you can't prove it was wrong lol MAYBE (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=62291087 look at the date... June before E3... MS changed the DRM weeks after E3)

- DRM again... bla bla bla... he said before E3... MS was forced to kill DRM after... so you can't prove wrong lol MAYBE (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=62291087)

- PoP... he saw two trailers to be reveled at E3... ME2 and Halo... he didn't watched everything just the begin of both... so he said PoP but after the reveal he saw it was Halo 5... RIGHT... I can't blame it for make a confusion with the games (or the contact inside MS).

So try to be accurate and give him the proper credits for what he is right... try to spin to make him worst is a new low here in VGC lol... you list have things that CBOAT never said.

You can track all his posts: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/search.php?searchid=7554586

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
DirtyP2002 said:
ethomaz said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Prior GamesCom / TGS:

Prior E3:

Somewhere in between:

Fixed for accuracy.

Only PS4 date was false.

Not sure if serious...

Seriously ethomaz?

LOL I am starting to see how cboat is supposedly "right 99% of the time".

So the truthfacts are of course also depending on ones bias - nit surprising and my suspicion for the high numbers.

ethomaz said:

DirtyP2002 said:

Not sure if serious...

Seriously ethomaz?

I'm serious...

- He saw the Mirror Edge 2 trailer reveal and supposed it was at MS conference, the reveal was at E3 conference... big deal? He was right... just the place was wrong... RIGHT (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=62291087)

- DRM... he said the DRM was even worst than what MS reveled at E3... they chanced everything with Xbox 180... you can't prove it was wrong lol MAYBE (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=62291087 look at the date... June before E3... MS changed the DRM weeks after E3)

- DRM again... bla bla bla... he said before E3... MS was forced to kill DRM after... so you can't prove wrong lol MAYBE (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=62291087)

- PoP... he saw two trailers to be reveled at E3... ME2 and Halo... he didn't watched everything just the begin of both... so he said PoP but after the reveal he saw it was Halo 5... RIGHT... I can't blame it for make a confusion with the games (or the contact inside MS).

So try to be accurate and give him the proper credits for what he is right... try to spin to make him worst is a new low here in VGC lol... you list have things that CBOAT never said.

You can track all his posts: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/search.php?searchid=7554586

User was banned for this post - Kantor

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

LOl Ethomaz really acts like a neogaf prophet sometimes :p

maximrace said:

I like the things in the right way... if he is wrong ok... if he is right ok too... but try to change that is shameful... I don't like that.

His predition was before E3... of course after the MARKET forced MS to remove the DRM they have nothing more to share at Gamescom... how can that make him wrong?

MS changed the plans.

The downclock part is even worst... he never said anything close to a hint to that "leak".

ethomaz said:
maximrace said:

I like the things in the right way... if he is wrong ok... if he is right ok too... but try to change that is shameful... I don't like that.

His predition was before E3... of course after the MARKET forced MS to remove the DRM they have nothing more to share at Gamescom... how can that make him wrong? The downclock part is even worst... he never said anything close to a hint to that fact.

MS changed the plans.

I don't say he's wrong, I'm saying you are focusing on neogaf too much. We are on vgchartz here, all those neogaf threads/ posts are getting tiresome. If I would want to be on neogaf I would be there and not here ( I have an account but boy most posters there act like 14 years old)