By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - It's been long enough for Pats fans to get over it, Manning tribute!

The Mannings are awesome, besides Peyton being incredible and Eli becoming almost incredible, they're both class players. They always credit the whole team, don't whine, don't brag. Quite unlike Tom Br....some other quarterbacks.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Around the Network

Poor Cooper...

I don't want to derail the thread but I heard a funny joke the other day.  The universal sign for choking has been changed.

It used to be:

Now it's:

^hahahahahahaha...i still smile when i think of that last touchdown and the giants winning the bowl

I was just surprised to see how poorly Brady plays under pressure. I was wondering how he'd do all season, since almost any NFL starter can torch any given defense in the league with as much time and talent as Brady had on his side.

Maybe the Patriots only won while they were cheating. And since NY probably assumed the Patriots would attempt to steal defensive signals or already know them., they could have been prepared for it.

...Youve come very close to nearly ruining my favourite song of all time.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Around the Network
Bladeneo said:

UhOH! I smell a PATS FAN!

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Bladeneo said:

UhOH! I smell a PATS FAN!

Oh no Im a rams fan ( the less said about our season the better), I just hate the Manning brothers. Especially Eli, he was awful this year. The patriots became the team everyone wanted to lose this year cause ol' Bill is an idiot, but still, Brady deserved this superbowl after the year he's had.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Bursche said:
I really think Eli will go the way of Grossman, and next year have a really bad year in which his job will be in jepeordy.

Yeah, except Grossman was never good... they aren't at all comparable players.  

Also, if you can't win the Super Bowl, you don't deserve to win the Super Bowl.  Brady constantly screwed up.  He was awful under pressure.  He in no way deserved to win.   

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Tribute to Manning brothers from someone who also went to Ole Miss!

Hello my friend, we meet again
It's been awhile, where should we begin?

Feels like forever!

Within my heart are memories
Of perfect love that you gave to me

Oh, I remember!

When you are with me, I'm free
I'm careless, I believe
Above all the others we'll fly
This brings tears to my eyes
My sacrifice

We've seen our share of ups and downs
Oh how quickly life can turn around

In an instant!

It feels so good to reunite
Within yourself and within your mind

Let's find peace there!

When you are with me, I'm free
I'm careless, I believe
My sacrifice

I just want to say hello again
I just want to say hello again

When you are with me I'm free
I'm careless, I believe
Cause when you are with me I am free
I'm careless, I believe
My sacrifice, My sacrifice

Superbowl MVP's Manning family. We salute you!

naznatips said:
Bursche said:
I really think Eli will go the way of Grossman, and next year have a really bad year in which his job will be in jepeordy.

Yeah, except Grossman was never good... they aren't at all comparable players.

Also, if you can't win the Super Bowl, you don't deserve to win the Super Bowl. Brady constantly screwed up. He was awful under pressure. He in no way deserved to win.

I predicted this would happen.  Brady is terrible under pressure by NFL standards.  Of course, almost any NFL QB can torch a defense every game if they have the kind of protection Brady saw.  I wouldn't put Brady anywhere near my list of top 5 QBs.  Eli wouldn't make that list either, but if he keeps playing the way he played this post season he'd have to ;)