By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony copies Nintendo, again

the-pi-guy said:
Nem said:

Err... they got rid of start button too in theory. Sony, not nintendo.

Sony got rid of the select button = copying.

Sony got rid of the start button = innovation.  So hopefully the next one will say Sony innovates, again.  

I was just stating a fact with the current logic. There is nothing innovative about it. The buttons are still there, they just do different things now.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
This could have been funny if you observed a coincidence. But since it's a Photoshop job, it's just lame.

Oh, so tell me which 3DS game maps a different function to Select and Start? Select is only used for legacy software. Otherwise it's just another start button.

The photoshop is just for emphases and to see if people actually look at the op.

Nem said:

I was just stating a fact with the current logic. There is nothing innovative about it. The buttons are still there, they just do different things now.

No, no, I wasn't thinking of it like that.  Wasn't accusing you of that.  It was just kinda my thought when I saw the OP (no start button on the DS4), then you posted about it so I thought I'd add to what you said.  

He's talking about Galaki, not Gaikai. -____-

Ok so what

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

A bit off-topic but does anyone else hate when a game says "Press Start Button" and you REALLY have to press the start button? I always press X but once in awhile I'll get a game that's bloody serious about it.

Regardless, Sony has ignored tradition. The Circle is broken.

JoeTheBro said:
RolStoppable said:
This could have been funny if you observed a coincidence. But since it's a Photoshop job, it's just lame.

Oh, so tell me which 3DS game maps a different function to Select and Start? Select is only used for legacy software. Otherwise it's just another start button.

The photoshop is just for emphases and to see if people actually look at the op.

Not sure what that has to do with anything. Of course there will be hardly any games that assign a special function to the Select button, because that's the very last button developers will use.

The point of a thread like this is to show something that Sony did first and Nintendo afterwards. That's all there is to it. Yet you didn't even manage to get that right. Your thread is bad and you should feel bad.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

That's a 2DS, not a 3DS

RolStoppable said:
JoeTheBro said:
RolStoppable said:

Not sure what that has to do with anything. Of course there will be hardly any games that assign a special function to the Select button, because that's the very last button developers will use.

The point of a thread like this is to show something that Sony did first and Nintendo afterwards. That's all there is to it. Yet you didn't even manage to get that right. Your thread is bad and you should feel bad.

No it's not used by hardly any games, it's used by zero games. The button is only there for legacy controls. I believe dev's don't have access to it.

I know my thread's a failure :(

JoeTheBro said:

No it's not used by hardly any games, it's used by zero games. The button is only there for legacy controls. I believe dev's don't have access to it.

I know my thread's a failure :(

Maybe it's true that developers can't use it for 3DS games, but I'd have to look more into it. Right now I don't think any of my 3DS games use it, but most of them aren't in need of an eighth button (or twelth, if the d-pad is used as four buttons). I haven't really thought of it before. Not that it matters though, because there's no drawback in having that button on the system (and it's, like you said, necessary for backwards compatibility with DS games).

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments