By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Watch Dogs Current Vs. Next gen?(Vids Tgs)

So?

Wow, huge diff 28 50.91%

hmm, not sure 4 7.27%

Can't wait for this game 6 10.91%

Current looks decent 10 18.18%

lol 7 12.73%

Total:55

Ok, lets get this out of the way. I shamelessly stole this from gaf xD Ok here we go.

Start a 2:30 for same scene

Next gen(From tgs)

So what do you think?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=695713

Around the Network

Next gen looks so close to real life but I think the current gen is on a lower res and the brightness looks like it was set way to on on current gen

There really is a profound difference isn't there. I made one purchase on PS2 after PS3 released. I won't make that mistake again.

If i squint my eyes they almost look the same.. They are the same when I close them...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

dsage01 said:
Next gen looks so close to real life but I think the current gen is on a lower res and the brightness looks like it was set way to on on current gen

Ya, the brightness in the current gen version seems weird. They are both the same scene at night too. All in all though, the footage of current gen doesn't look as bad as that aisha trailer one that people thought was current gen.

Around the Network

Wow, the difference is pretty marked.

I uh...

Don't think they look very good honestly. Both of them. Kind of disappointed actually.

I take it the bottom one is current gen and the top one next gen? They're barely any different. The lighting on the next gen version is obviously much more advanced and particle effects and stuff probably as well, which would make that version the better looking one, sure, but model/poly-count/texture-wise, I don't see any difference.

Such a far-cry from that 'Vigilate-demo' we saw a couple years ago. Now that looked 'next-gen'. But alas, it appears that can't be done in full game. So I guess it was 'next-next-gen'. Actually with every piece of new footage we see I get more and more disappointed with this game. Good thing I still think the gameplay of this game looks interesting though, because at the end of the day, that's the reason I buy a game.

dsage01 said:

I guess you just gotta look out the window a little more often .

S.Peelman said:

They're barely any different.

I think you need glasses, sir.

dsgrue3 said:
S.Peelman said:

They're barely any different.

I think you need glasses, sir.

I have glasses .

Anyway, the explanation is in the next sentence.

Pretty massive difference. Bodes extremely well for the rest of the generation. Also imagine if we had current gen versions of Forza 5, Killzone SF, Ryse and Infamous to compare. LOL. The first parties would be even moreso.

Cant wait for the new consoles. Owners who buy these games on current gen aren't getting severely gimped games in comparison.