By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official gamrConnect Pokemon X/Y Thread (It's Finally Here!)

Tagged games:

Which Starter Will You Choose?

Chespin sows the seeds of greatness! 76 41.08%

Fennekin fires me up! 45 24.32%

Froakie washes away the competition! 50 27.03%

Total:171
Einsam_Delphin said:
lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
What's up with the Battle Institute's scoring system? I 3-0'ed all opponent's in the single battle challenge, but only came away with 5,998 points for Elite rank. What did I do wrong! D:

http://www.serebii.net/xy/battleinstitute.shtml

You must have been hit with quite a few super effective moves or not have pulled enough super effectives of your own for that to happen, most likely.

lawlz so I was only two points off afterall! Meh, I don't feel like going back there again just for two extra points. :L

Once you attain Master rank, everytime you visit the Institute the lady says "Oh the Master is back!" or something like that. It's worth it .

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
What's up with the Battle Institute's scoring system? I 3-0'ed all opponent's in the single battle challenge, but only came away with 5,998 points for Elite rank. What did I do wrong! D:

http://www.serebii.net/xy/battleinstitute.shtml

You must have been hit with quite a few super effective moves or not have pulled enough super effectives of your own for that to happen, most likely.

lawlz so I was only two points off afterall! Meh, I don't feel like going back there again just for two extra points. :L

Once you attain Master rank, everytime you visit the Institute the lady says "Oh the Master is back!" or something like that. It's worth it .

Well if that's the only reason then I need not go back since I already got master rank in double battles naturally. ^_^

Mega Venasaur too strong!!! Practically solo'ed the opponent's entire team in this awesome 6 vs 6 battle!

H2EW-WWWW-WWW2-PXS3

Caught Zapdos today. Since apparently NOBODY that i own above level 38 can learn thunder-wave (Venusaur could re-learn some status moves, but that's a lot of effort...), my strategy was to throw Rhyperior, whom Zapdos couldn't touch, use Strength to get it down to a sliver, then throw Ground type moves to kill time and use a Timer Ball. Worked on the second try.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Caught Zapdos today. Since apparently NOBODY that i own above level 38 can learn thunder-wave (Venusaur could re-learn some status moves, but that's a lot of effort...), my strategy was to throw Rhyperior, whom Zapdos couldn't touch, use Strength to get it down to a sliver, then throw Ground type moves to kill time and use a Timer Ball. Worked on the second try.

It wouldnt have work anyway, zapdos is an electric type and all of them are inmune to paralysis

Around the Network
MANUELF said:
Mr Khan said:

It wouldnt have work anyway, zapdos is an electric type and all of them are inmune to paralysis

Well it all worked out then, didn't it?

Grab a few more timer balls and the same strategy should do for the others, if i ever find them <_>

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
MANUELF said:
Mr Khan said:

Grab a few more timer balls and the same strategy should do for the others, if i ever find them <_>

There is only one bird per game and it depends on your starter, since you got zapdos you choose Fennekin, Im wrong? You get Articuno if you choose Chespin and Moltres for froakie

Mr Khan said:
MANUELF said:
Mr Khan said:

Grab a few more timer balls and the same strategy should do for the others, if i ever find them

Don't worry, as unless you buy two additional copies of the game, then the only way to get the other legendary birds is through trade.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Mr Khan said:
MANUELF said:
Mr Khan said:

Don't worry, as unless you buy two additional copies of the game, then the only way to get the other legendary birds is through trade.

Articuno is pratically impossible to get through GTS nowadays. Everyone's asking for Pokes that don't exist on X/Y. While Gamefreaks did good in removing those "Zekrom Lvl 9 and below" trades, they added much more annoying ones with the "Find the pokemon you want" option. It was only a matter of time until people started abusing that.

Oh well, come December, the Poke Bank will allow me to bring the 3 articunos from my Black 2 copy .

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I have started to use Pokemon Showdown since my Internest is thrash in the game with great results, just watch this sweep http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oubeta-61673031

Togekiss is my MVP: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oubeta-61674087

Closest match of the night: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oubeta-61676912