By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will Microsoft merge Office etc into Xbox One?

Tagged games:

dsgrue3 said:
Just when I thought I'd seen the last of the stupid ideas from MS.

Is this a video game console or a desktop computer? Why is MS so insistent on forging hybrid markets?

Keyboards and mice working on consoles in nothing new. 

Not sure how this is bad, as the only people that would use it are people who want to.  What is with people hating on features that they don't ever have to use if they don't want to?

Around the Network
landguy1 said:
dsgrue3 said:

Is this a video game console or a desktop computer? Why is MS so insistent on forging hybrid markets?

Not sure how this is bad, as the only people that would use it are people who want to.  What is with people hating on features that they don't ever have to use if they don't want to?

EDIT: irrelevant post

That is an excellent idea, in fact i think several Microsoft divisions should be working on this.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

That would be awesome with voice commands. Imagine doing homework. Xbox calculate: 2+2!

Simply beautiful!

dallas said:
It might just be the thing that turns MSFT around.

btw, i'm high right now so whatever I'm saying isn't beleivable.

LOL. Actually, I havent had any for awhile. :(

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
dsgrue3 said:

What has this got to do with MS. It's just a question from a poster here.  It' isn't an Ms announcement. 

Save your vitriol for when it's appropriate... 

Thanks. 

I read the title and saw the word rumor and presumed they would match. They don't; my apologies. 

dsgrue3 said:
landguy1 said:
dsgrue3 said:

Yeah, I didn't mention keyboard and mice...because of that. This thread is about Office on XBO.

It's not bad, no features are bad (except ads). It's simply useless. It's like adding a cup holder to a toaster. So why waste time providing features very few people (if any) want, instead of adding features that most will want.

It's a video game console with some TV integration; where is the focus? 

Oops, I had read an article about this rumor and how it connected to the Major Nelson interview where he was asked about mouse and Keyboard Support. 

As far as it being useless - That's only to the people who don't use it.  Like others have said, the XB1 OS is based on win8 already, so it's not like it would be a big deal to make it compatible anyway.

As far as Focus goes,  I think that the end user determines which features matter to them and use them.  Every person is different and will use different features that matter to them.  That capability has no effect on the games, they will play the same.

Seece said:
I dunno how much it would be used, but I would love voice commands with office!

As would I. 

I probably wouldn't use it all that much but I've wanted Office on Xbox for some time now.

Would be nice, but I doubt they can do it. They've struggled enough trying to blend touch into their OS and programs, so trying to work in gesture/voice/10 ft. UI as well would be a disaster. If they could figure it out and teach developers how to do it as well, it would do wonders for their ecosystem and app store. However it's the kind of thing someone like Apple will have to figure out first.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Lol at the people thinking that a product as complicated as excel can reasonably used by voice commands.