By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Does anyone here know how to draw?

If your not into still lifes, just experiment with drawing the first thing that pops up in your mind. I love drawing myself.

I drew this when I was thinking of Turok

this next drawing grew from 1 skull into an entire landscape hehe

Around the Network
antfromtashkent said:
mesoteto said:
^i did a blog on it here,

bruceongames.com

JK

LOL u ppl r so mean to him :P

Read this gem of a thread if you don't understand why nobody cares what he says. Press "Quote" to read his blanked out posts. http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=14106&start=0

edit:  I guess you can't do that with a locked thread...oh well, you can get the idea from reading responses hehe. 

On-topic: I was always pretty good in art class, but without following guidelines I don't know what to do when it comes to drawing. I guess I should just doodle and work my way up, I do like to draw sometimes...usually I end up drawing technical, machinery-type stuff...just looks so interesting sometimes.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
antfromtashkent said:
mesoteto said:
^i did a blog on it here,

bruceongames.com

JK

LOL u ppl r so mean to him :P

Read this gem of a thread if you don't understand why nobody cares what he says. Press "Quote" to read his blanked out posts. http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=14106&start=0

edit: I guess you can't do that with a locked thread...oh well, you can get the idea from reading responses hehe.

On-topic: I was always pretty good in art class, but without following guidelines I don't know what to do when it comes to drawing. I guess I should just doodle and work my way up, I do like to draw sometimes...usually I end up drawing technical, machinery-type stuff...just looks so interesting sometimes.

I missed that thread when doucheongames made it, all I know was thatit led to his initial banning...what did he say? A thread with a title like "one of you fanboys...!" sounds like a hilarious disaster waiting to happen. 

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Who doesn't know how to draw? Its pretty easy.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

There is only one trick to teaching yourself to draw, and it is one of those answers that is so simple that I'll sound like a horse's ass for even saying it.

To get better, all you have to do is draw.

Keep practicing, don't get bogged down in what you are doing wrong, rather appreciate and enhance what you do right (no artist can draw everything, so don't try, or you will only be disappointed). And don't forget the most important thing: always have fun. Once you stop having fun with your art, then you might as well stop, cause you aren't doing anyone any favors.

Oh and Claude, Bruce's thread was complaining that "someone" from this site came on to his blog and said something stupid, which he promptly posted and proceeded to mock everyone here. Of course, what he failed to mention was that the stupid comment was actually his own, and the poster he was calling out was dead on in his statement.
But none of that matters, cause he has friends in the industry...

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Check out my daily drawings here and help keep me on task!

Around the Network

I'm actually an artist by trade, and spend a lot of my time outside of art school freelancing comic book and children's art for schools and some studio's. I have a small selection of artwork up at my blog, but not a lot. If you really want to get good go to places like Starbuck's and just people watch and try to quickly sketch them. Use only simple shapes and no detail. The more you do it the more you will get done in a short amount of time.

My blog is www.spurjworks.blogspot.com

its still under construction so I don't have a lot of work on there yet

^^you got some wicked skillz passenger, wish I could draw like that

Thnks El Duderino.

@Claude
here's a Google cached link of the bruceongames thread http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:2r1LAQqMMwgJ:www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php%3Fid%3D14106+site:vgchartz.com+bruceongames+one+of+you+fanboys&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=us&client=firefox-a

@Topic
I can't draw that well, though I copy an old NP cover of Mega Man(It was all silver) and colored it in. I've still got it actually though it's quite dirty. I used some sidewalk chalk and blew it up on my driveway. Came out really well and I took some pictures, but I don't know where they are now. You'd think I would've kept the pics with the "original" drawing, but nope.