By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gold DS available in Stores? Also, recommend me some games

i'm finally getting a DS and was wondering if it is still possible to get a gold triforce DS lite in stores or if you have to buy them on ebay/etc now

also, recommend a DS noob some good games

game types i like:

platformers: new smb, sonic, castlevaniamario kartbomberman multiplayerzelda original rayman (only available for GBC, can ds play gbc games?)best 'brain training' style gameany other good puzzle games (zack & wiki, lolo, etc)any games that make GOOD use of the stylus and/or 2 screensany GOOD sports or racing gamesany games that are good for constant interruption: games i can pick up and play for 5-10 mins and then put down and then pick up later for 5-10 minute playing sessions

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
Around the Network

I don't know if you can still buy a gold DS in stores, but I can help you with games.  I just got a DS for Christmas and can't reccomend it enough.

For puzzle/brain training type games, obviously Brain Age is very good. Picross DS is awesome.  It's extremely addictive, can be put down/picked up repeatedly, and has massive replay value.  If you like crosswords, the New York Times Crossword game is pretty neat, although Nintendo is coming out with their own game soon.  Puzzle Quest is also a must-have; bewjewled-esque with some RPG mixed in.

Since you like Zelda, get Phantom Hourglass.  The controls take a while to get used to (only the stylus is used), but it's classic Zelda gameplay with some neat puzzles and even an online multiplayer component.

If you like rhythm games, Elit Beat Agents is offbeat but so much fun.

Other games that fit your interests: New Super Mario Bros, Sonic Rush, Advance Wars (Dual Strike or Days of Ruin, both are strategy games), Contra 4, and Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow.

Enjoy :)

i've dismissed the wifes DS for a long time now and never used it so yesterday I went down and got Wii Trauma centre and Ds phoenix wright ace attorney for £10.

played it last night and couldn't put it down - what a game, if you like Adventure games then I would highly recommend it.

Off Topic - Capcom are just bringing me so much gaming pleasurew these days with RE4 Wii, REUC, Z&W, DMC4, Phoenix Wright and long may it continue. The wife also enjoyed Yoshis Island DS, NSMB, Zelda PH is a must buy, Mario Kart DS has a good community.

In my immediate area the Gold DS was sold out within 2 days completely there was 1 or 2 restocks in the following weeks that all subsequently sold out as well in fairly short order.

I'm sure if you look hard and look everywhere you can probably find a few in stores somewhere but who knows. I'd say ebay is your best bet. I've got one and they are beautiful highly recommend it. If you can't easily find it though, why not go with the cobalt/black DS I saw one the other day it's a very nice paint job.

On games I'm just not gonna go to far into it but Mario Kart and Phantom Hourglass are pretty much must haves. If you like Kojima and adventure games I'd say Lunar Knights might be right up your alley.

I have a question too, is Metroid Prime : Hunters any good?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

NSMB
MK DS
Pokemon D/P
Zelda PH
Star Fox
Mario 64

ummm... yes and no, metroid prime hunters is good, but it's hard to get into

^What do u mean hard to get into? Is the story boring at some parts?

Is Brain Training recommendable? And is BT or MBT besT?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

i recommend this to anyone.

advance wars.

buy it. you will NOT be disappointed

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)