By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii vs. PS3 Sales Forecasts from Enterbrain

Seems like we've really come under attack lately. Fortunately for us, BK88 sprung into action. Good on ya Ben. I'm sure they'll be more, but stay vigilante good people of VGchartz. We shall weather the storm.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

We'll brave the onslaught! Stick together men! Shields up!

Seriously though, this is freaking ridiculous...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Msg'd ioi as well... I think we should delete/remove all posts for these idiots, even if it does require a manual trim. Nothing to stop the person/bot creating multiple new accounts every day, and completely ruining/messing the forum for everyone.

Another suggestion - limit new users to only a few messages. These messages are then reviewed by a mod, and the limit is manually bumped up or removed. Limit the damage anyway. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:

Msg'd ioi as well... I think we should delete/remove all posts for these idiots, even if it does require a manual trim. Nothing to stop the person/bot creating multiple new accounts every day, and completely ruining/messing the forum for everyone.

Another suggestion - limit new users to only a few messages. These messages are then reviewed by a mod, and the limit is manually bumped up or removed. Limit the damage anyway.

I think we'll get through this alright. As for the idea of posts limits being reviewd by mods, that'd be tough, as most of us are volunteer mods, we can't always be around to check something like that out. I have a feeling that a lot of new posters would really feel caged in and might not stick around.

Just think of this as the Alamo. It's just a couple of us against the hordes at the gates. And everything worked out fine at the Alamo, right? 

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Seriously, what is up with these new member posts?

"Seems like we've really come under attack lately. Fortunately for us, BK88 sprung into action. Good on ya Ben. I'm sure they'll be more, but stay vigilante good people of VGchartz. We shall weather the storm."

Under attack from who/what? I mean, I can see their posts do little to contribute to the forum, but what I can't understand is why would whoever is responsible for digging up outdated forum threads even bother to do so in the first place! It's not like they are fanboys favoring one console over another... 

Around the Network

oh i don't know about these predictions 5 years is a long way out.in 3 years who knows what the Prices on the consoles will be the PS3 could really be $200 dollars less within 3 years and that would drasticaly change the numbers.The other thing that seems odd is that the prediction seem to say the PS3 and Wii will sell at almost the same rate within the 5 years,But as fun as the Wii is how long will it be before the Kids (9-13) start gettin a bit older and want the real graphics power that PS3 offers.I myself think the Wii is going to start seeing a drop in demand right around the 10 million mark or so (not saying it will all of a sudden start selling badly just not the numbers they have been enjoying) .I really think Japan PS3 sales will jump when MGS4 comes along alone that is a huge system seller for Japan 

your mother said:

Seriously, what is up with these new member posts?

"Seems like we've really come under attack lately. Fortunately for us, BK88 sprung into action. Good on ya Ben. I'm sure they'll be more, but stay vigilante good people of VGchartz. We shall weather the storm."

Under attack from who/what? I mean, I can see their posts do little to contribute to the forum, but what I can't understand is why would whoever is responsible for digging up outdated forum threads even bother to do so in the first place! It's not like they are fanboys favoring one console over another...

Just because they're not being a Wii/PS3/360 fanboy, doesn't mean they're not being a general nuisance to the forums.  Like you said, there's no point in digging up old threads...it's just annoying and pointless.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

iscolear said:
Enterbrain President Hirokazu Hamamura offered some sales forecasting at the CEDEC 2006. According to GameFront.de, Hamamura foresees the Wii selling 10 million units in Japan over the next five years, compared to 4 million for the GameCube in the same timespan. The PS3 is pegged at selling 9 to 10 million in five years -- roughly half the rate of sales the PS2 enjoyed. In addition, Hamamura noted that though the first 500,000 units would sell relatively quickly, sales growth would be sluggish from there on out -- Blu-Ray would offer the console no advantage as significant as the PS2's DVD capabilities were back in the day. Unsurprisingly, the 360 was written off completely, with Hamamura pointing out that the console also faced an uphill struggle in Germany. Your thoughts?

They are seriously doing an underestimate on Wii's totals in 5 years.

They'll hit 10 million in Japan in 2008 maybe before. But definitely in 2008. Early 2008 at that.

Analysts. Pheh. I need to look into this line of work. If these folks can go out here being wrong, I can easily do the job and acutally get it right.

John Lucas

(What? This is an old thread? D@mn. Wasted my time.) 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

The DS took 20 months to reach 10m units in Japan.  Although it was pretty slow in the start it has climbed very quickly and is jumping up all the time.

The Wii currently sits at 2m units and IMO will be maybe around the 6m come the end of the year, so reckon it will be well into next year, probably closer to the end of the year before it will be close to 10m units in Japan alone.

Seeing as people are beginning to think that the Wii will have not much more than a 3 year lifespan, 10m units in Japan seems about right....but it could take off big style like the DS and end up selling 20m+...who knows....the sales are good so far. 

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Theres NO way whatsever the Wii would hit 10m in Japan by early 2008. I'd love to see your % ranking on the Prediction League with numbers like that.

However, the Wii IS under-estimated, and the PS3 is where it should be at. Wii should get around15-18m or slightly more in that timeframe.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.