By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - JESUS WAS A GOVERNMENT PLOT: Confirmed says Joseph Atwill

Max King of the Wild said:
The guys story doesnt make sense and has about as many flaws as the thing hes trying to disprove

Religious claims must be proven before they can be disproven (see: burden of proof)

Around the Network

Why would the government fabricate a person Jesus who would start a religion Catholicism that would in many ways stand in the way of the governments rule (abortion, same sex marriage, communism, etc)..not very logical ain't it?

So your saying the Pope is part of the governments scheme to rule the world? Wow I never really put 2 and 2 together like that

fordy said:
The guys story doesnt make sense and has about as many flaws as the thing hes trying to disprove

Religious claims must be proven before they can be disproven (see: burden of proof)

Im pretty sure jesus is a well documented and accept by majority of scholars. Thus he has been proven.

fordy said:

Im pretty sure jesus is a well documented and accept by majority of scholars. Thus he has been proven.

I wouldn't care to argue on that part, since if this claim is true, the Romans could have documented it on any random person around Jerusalem.

Prove he was the son of God.

Around the Network
PDF said:
Christianity is used in the US to create support for war in the Middles East?

I think patriotism among the masses and greed among the rich do that just fine by itself. Blaming Christianity for the wars is silly.

No, no. You're doing it wrong. Everything that is "wrong" with the Western World must be blamed on Religion.

fordy said:

I wouldn't care to argue on that part, since if this claim is true, the Romans could have documented it on any random person around Jerusalem.

Prove he was the son of God.

Why would I prove that when the guy is talking about the person alone being a government plot. AKA the person, jesus, not existing

theprof00 said:
forest-spirit said:

So Emperor Constantine had the empire convert to a fake religion that they themselves had invented a few hundred years earlier? Perfect. Totally makes sense.

Invented a few hundred years earlier according to whom?

Additionally, it would be pretty ironic that the Roman empire created a religion, collapsed as an empire, but lived on as the most powerful and richest state in the world.

Archaleogical evidence.  Well, i guess that's not whom.  Arcaelogists?

Also.. historical writings...?

Also Joseph Atwill funny enough.  More on this later.

Constantine became emperor in 306 AD. 

Christian Art has been identified and dated as existing 2 centuries before that.

Let alone Nero's recorded prosecution of Christianity 

Tacitus writings on Jesus (116 AD)

and archaelogical finds that date possibly as far back as 70 AD.

Which is why,... if you had read your own source... (or i guess have an ancillary knowledge on roman history) you would of noted he doesn't claim Constantine created it.

Though he still suggests that invention of Christanity postdates Nero.  Which is just weird.

His website is hilarious though.

Join us for a one-day symposium that will provide a unique insight into how the ruling classes, from the Caesars of the past to the public relations firms working for governments and high finance today,*cough jews cough* have maintained power and an unending stealth class war by weaponising our own imagination against us.

If I had to guess I imagine his theory will be that Vespian, Josephus and Trajan concocted the idea after Josephus' betrayel and pushed it on people via ancient alien esque arguements.

How he gets around the whole Nero thing will be intersting though... considering the Great Fire of Rome predates the First Roman-Jewish war by 2 years.

Should be some interesting hand waving there. 

As well as explaining why the Romans would create Christianity, and then prosecute it worse then Judiasm for a couple hundred years even though it was supposed to be the repalcement of Judism.

The absolute stupidity of this thread is mind boggling. It's atheists like you that truly dissapoint me. I can understand questioning Christ as as the son of God and Christianity, (it takes alot to have faith) but when there is concrete evidence and historical facts that he existed, you come up with absurd shit like this and then quote the nonsensical ramblings of a delusional idiot as doctrine.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"