By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Things you won't miss about this gen

Suke said:

I wish I can say the console wars, but ....maybe one day, but anyway, ......I don't know. Everything I won't miss will still be present in the next gen of the consoles. 

PS: GT has really been bitch slapping Nintendo lately, the raving fanboys won't like that................

It is clear that Kyle lkes the Wii U, I think they are just joking about that

But I don't really thnk anything is going to be leaving us. I am perfectly fine with the DS3 (though obviously the DS4 is a huge improvement). Hopefully the frustration of starting games will be decreased, but I think most things are going to stay the same

Around the Network

that was a fun vid, i won't miss super mario galaxy series. The replay value isn't there for me. Also i won't miss being stuck on my tv, i never new a screen on my controller would be so revolutionary.

Let's see.. Lazy developers.. No that will still be here most likely. Unfinished Games that you can't play as soon as you insert the disc. No that will be there. SD graphics.. okay yeah those I won't miss. Games that don't depend on DLC or Online mode completely to have replay value. Nope that will still be there. So I guess SD graphics gone completely from last gen is the only thing I can think of.

Nintendo Wii by generations...

1. Wii

2. Wii U

3. Wii O U

Predictions made by gamers concerning the current Nintendo line up of games.

Pikmen 3= Little Bump to nothing. (Got Little Bump)

Wind Waker HD= Won't sell anything (The explosion happened here and at one time 4 Wii U games was in the Amazon top 100)

Super Mario 3D World= Won't help at all looks cheap. (Currently the most sought after Wii U game and continuing the Wii U increase.)

the_dengle said:

Pop-in, screen tearing, unloaded textures, and most of all people insisting that games riddled with these problems are among the most graphically impressive games ever made.

With all the extra power of the next-gen consoles, there's no excuse for any of these things any more, and they better not follow us to the PS4/X1.

It would be nice, but there wasn't really any reason for those problems this gen, either. Games just keep getting designed to render more detailed stills instead of being designed to deliver fluid video.

How's that for irony? Video games optimized for photographs.

I doubt this gen will be any different.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

He's actually quite funny.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

ps3: long installs on most 3rd party games. and updates.
xbox: wifi dongle, batteries/battery pack, HDDVD/ DVD, proprietary HDD, disk tray. RRoD.

low ram

famousringo said:
the_dengle said:

Pop-in, screen tearing, unloaded textures, and most of all people insisting that games riddled with these problems are among the most graphically impressive games ever made.

With all the extra power of the next-gen consoles, there's no excuse for any of these things any more, and they better not follow us to the PS4/X1.

It would be nice, but there wasn't really any reason for those problems this gen, either. Games just keep getting designed to render more detailed stills instead of being designed to deliver fluid video.

How's that for irony? Video games optimized for photographs.

I doubt this gen will be any different.

I hope you're wrong. I hope the PS4 and the X1 have more power than developers know what to do with, so much power that if they went out of their way to TRY to make games with long loading times and such, the consoles would just get there.

That little fear that I get everytime my 360 starts making noises,

RCTjunkie said:
Everything that I can think of that annoyed me will carry on into next generation.

This

The only thing I can think of is  games not going below 30FPS anymore but thats something time will tell.

Everything else  (DLC, mainstream AAA games made for mainstreamers not gamers, etc....)

We need a new industry crash   its a bubble waiting to pop.