By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix Predictions!

Tagged games:

What is the next IOS game?

Final Fantasy VII,VIII,IX! 4 44.44%

Dragon Quest X 1 0 0%

The SaGa series! 0 0%

Chrono Cross! 0 0%

Kingdom Hearts IIIOS 2 22.22%

Star Ocean "Remakes" 1 11.11%

Tomb Raider Treasure Time! 1 11.11%

Total:8

To be honest RPG Maker 2003 looks better than those FF V sprites.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
To be honest RPG Maker 2003 looks better than those FF V sprites.

Yeah, RPG Maker 2003 at least still looks like Final Fantasy...

Dragon Quest 10 is also on iOS and Android in the future.  I knew I saw this news somewhere before.

Wii, Wii U, PC, iOS, and Android.

http://www.destructoid.com/dragon-quest-x-is-coming-to-ios-and-android-262738.phtml

Did you create an FF5 remake on RPG Maker 2003, Basil? Probably better than Square Enix's version isn't it :P.

Well I was thinking about this a few hours ago and I went to take a look. Final Fantasy Dimensions has 500k downloads on the Play Store. It was also on sale for 3 dollars half a year ago. I also think multiple downloads from a single user adds to the total... does Square really make money off of phone games vs porting those to 3DS/Vita?

Around the Network
darkknightkryta said:
Well I was thinking about this a few hours ago and I went to take a look. Final Fantasy Dimensions has 500k downloads on the Play Store. It was also on sale for 3 dollars half a year ago. I also think multiple downloads from a single user adds to the total... does Square really make money off of phone games vs porting those to 3DS/Vita?

Final Fantasy III, the best selling Final Fantasy on the NDS sold ~2Mil at ~$40. If we assume Square Enix as the publisher receives 50% of that amount 2Mil x $20 = $40 Mil.

No way in hell Square Enix made more money on the Play Store. (Unless the other ports did better than 500k)

This is a depressing thread. :(

Square Enix holds some of the most beloved IPs of all time and they are struggling. It boggles my mind how they are not succeeding, regardless of the changes brought by the HD generation and what not.

KHlover said:
darkknightkryta said:

Final Fantasy III, the best selling Final Fantasy on the NDS sold ~2Mil at ~$40. If we assume Square Enix as the publisher receives 50% of that amount 2Mil x $20 = $40 Mil.

No way in hell Square Enix made more money on the Play Store. (Unless the other ports did better than 500k)

I would expect the ports to do better, but they're cheaper and "ports" so they'll have better name value.  I'm looking directly at a brand new Final Fantasy game made specifically for iOS/Android.  I don't have the iOS numbers, but I'll assume it's in the same ballpark.  But at a price of 20 dollars for a million sales, when Kingdom Hearts 3DS did more than that at around 40, god knows a Vita port would have done huge with the 3DS version.  I really don't understand Square's reasoning on relying on on the mobile market.  Like, if it was multiplatform iOS/Android/Vita/3DS then I'd understand, but it's just iOS/Android...

KHlover said:

How could you, I'm already at the verge of crying. I wouldn't even have a problem if the iOS remakes were competent, but all I see is this:

WHY GOD, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

Holy shit, that looks like an RPG-Maker game...a bad one at that !

Terrible !

I will change the poll! I realize I put as a title the first option... LOL

Well nvm new poll I guess xD.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"