By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - AMD vs nVidia: Go!

AMD or nVidia

Green Team 99 34.14%

Red Team 191 65.86%

Total:290

nVidia no question.

Around the Network

AMD cause Nvidia has gotten to damn greedy that its not even funny plus that Mantle thing looks pretty innovative compared to that PhysX and based on the articles and etc... As ps4, Xbox One and wiiU start to have tons of games coming out, Mantle will be used in most if not all of those ports for PC unlike the 5 games that use PhysX for Nvidia and it should elevate the biggest complaint against AMD which is their slower driver support

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

AMD cause now they care more about compute performance.

Chose AMD because, Price/Performance, that is the only reason and the only reason I stick around with the company.
Same reason why I chose the 3930K over the 3960X/3970X, also the same reason I'm not upgrading to Ivy Bridge-E, almost $700 for a couple of percentage points? No thanks, I can overclock that difference.

Money is better in my pocket than some overseas company! :P

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I've tried both companies, and i'm leaning in favor of AMD. I've had nonstop driver issues with this GTX680 whereas my HD 5850 was home free for a long time.

I will be going back to AMD for my next card.

Around the Network

Used to be ATI, always used their graphics cards. Not sure why I did, but I did.

I've had a few problems with them to where they would start not working.

So I switched to Geforce or NVIDIA i guess for latest and so far its been amazing. So at moment I'm a Nvidia fan.
And I will continue to be one until they let me down.

Wagram said:
I've tried both companies, and i'm leaning in favor of AMD. I've had nonstop driver issues with this GTX680 whereas my HD 5850 was home free for a long time.

I will be going back to AMD for my next card.

Trust me. You get driver issues in both camps.
At the moment the big issue with AMD is frame pacing which is being resolved.

Also, nVidia has Adaptive V-Sync which is fantastic in practice, you have to use a 3rd party tool to get the same functionality on AMD cards.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I don't have an "alliance" per say because I have owned both and I just buy the best deal  (As every sain person should).  

However I will say that I heavily favor AMD for these reasons:

-Price/Performance is generally INSANELY in favor of AMD.  280X = 770, and yet the 280X is $100 cheaper and has more than enough RAM.  Only an idiot would buy a 770 or 780 right now.

-Nvidia skimps on VRAM like crazy.  580 1.5 GB while 6950 had 2?   In the BF4 beta I see Nvidia people complaining constantly that their 2GB is not enough.  Well than you shouldn't have bought that stupid card.

-SAPPHIRE >>>>> EVGA.  Every, and I mean every EVGA card me, or my friends bought broke within 2 years.  NO SAPPHIRE card I have seen has ever broken, and even when abused by excessive overclocking.

-Nvidia Drivers for me were a complete mess during the 500 series.

That's about it.  Say what you will since a lot of what I said is opinion, but seriously is that extra 18% performance a 780 has over a 7970 worth $350?  No.

AMD but i have an nvidia at the moment sooo yeah, i still like AMD more though

Pemalite said:
Chose AMD because, Price/Performance, that is the only reason and the only reason I stick around with the company.
Same reason why I chose the 3930K over the 3960X/3970X, also the same reason I'm not upgrading to Ivy Bridge-E, almost $700 for a couple of percentage points? No thanks, I can overclock that difference.

Money is better in my pocket than some overseas company! :P

Shame on intel for trying to focus so much more on integrated graphics. I also use intel BTW but it drives me a little mad for them to ignore about cpu performance like that when their processors are known for good general performance and not graphics performance. I don't know why intel keeps trying to fight AMD on the APU front when clearly AMD is much closer to converging the CPU and GPU.